Gilded Ginger

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Gilded Ginger

Postby Diablomaster761 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:26 am

Recently i have come back to the game and was excited to use the new drone. I initially thought i could use it off the ranch but no worries. However, im writing this for a problem i have about the gilded ginger. Ive just spent the last 4 hours searching for just 1 gilded ginger, when it got tonight id go back to the ranch and sleep, and then restart the process again, i have been through many Youtube tutorials on the locations and also found images of locations on the map. 4 hours i have spent and been round the glass desert too many times. Could Monomi please add something to make this process easier. Maybe add an upgrade what only comes in 7zee rewards where it gives you a big circle on the map on where to search or a beeping system where the beeps get faster the closer you get to one. This is what made me quit the game last time as i done everything else and just needed the Gilded Ginger, and this is what is gonna happen soon as ive done all the new stuff but just need the gilded ginger.

Hopefully someone from Monomi sees this

~Someone whos been playing since 0.6.0
Im just some guy on the internet who has been playing slime rancher since about january 2017
Diablomaster761
Rancher

Re: Gilded Ginger

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:45 pm

The wiki has every one of the 74 spots mapped, each node having equal weight. Now in regards to an upgrade to track it from 7zee, the gilded ginger is seen as a myth lore wise, how would someone have technology made to track it with precision? Even irl we don't put in work for technology to track dragons.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Diablomaster761 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:01 am

Purplecharmanderz wrote:The wiki has every one of the 74 spots mapped, each node having equal weight. Now in regards to an upgrade to track it from 7zee, the gilded ginger is seen as a myth lore wise, how would someone have technology made to track it with precision? Even irl we don't put in work for technology to track dragons.

Well after about 9 hours of pure grinding the game, no breaks, i managed to find 1
Im just some guy on the internet who has been playing slime rancher since about january 2017
Diablomaster761
Rancher

Postby Jeb » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:20 am

Diablomaster761 wrote:Well after about 9 hours of pure grinding the game, no breaks, i managed to find 1

One of the meanings of gilded is that it denotes something as wealthy and privileged. You should have to work hard to find it, though maybe not 9 hours worth of hard, but hard nonetheless.
Jeb
Rancher

Postby Upsilon » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:39 am

Personally after playing 200 hours of SR I only managed to find 6 Gilded Gingers without grinding. I don't mind that, since you don't need lots of Gold Plorts for Slime Science, just a couple.
Upsilon
Chickadoo

Postby Jeb » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:32 am

Upsilon wrote:...you don't need lots of Gold Plorts for Slime Science, just a couple.

This right here is my view as well. At some point Newbucks are abundant, and you don't need gold plorts for that reason. In fact, by day 5 of a new game you won't need gold plorts for anything but science.

And finding a Gilded Ginger is really about getting the Gold Gordo, which I'd leave as a decoration, not popping them for gold plorts, which as I mentioned quickly becomes unnecessary.
Jeb
Rancher

Return to General Discussion