I DRINK THE MEMES
WITHOUT MEMES I WILL DIE

BEWARE THE MAN WHO SPEAKS IN HANDS
LOOK AT THAT NOOB GO
SupaGamaBoi
Rancher

Re: I feel robbed

Postby Raven72 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:39 am

I kinda agree. Even though PC has a lot of advantages, it would still be nice to have a version of the DLC being released to console.
Raven72
Plort

Postby Smudgedhorizon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:45 am

I’m sorry :( Not one to complain about extra goodies but man I hate platform exclusive content in general. It’s really just locking a section of your fan base away from content they would enjoy, for no good reason. Not only the poor PC players who seem to have nothing at all, but also what about PS4 players who might desperately want the pirate stuff, or Xbox players who would far prefer the knight stuff? I’m not a fan, and hope it’s not something they are going to do on a regular basis.
Smudgedhorizon
Chickadoo

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:45 am

Technically it's not a big deal. If it were a new slime or a zone, I would understand, but decorations?
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby SupaGamaBoi » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:13 pm

I WANT ADORABLE SLIME FIGHTS, DONT YOU?
Dank SupaGamaBoi wrote:
I EAT THE MEMES
I DRINK THE MEMES
WITHOUT MEMES I WILL DIE

LOOK AT THAT NOOB GO
SupaGamaBoi
Rancher

Postby Jeb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:36 pm

While I agree with you, I want the slimes fighting too, it's not enough to make me feel robbed. These DLC updates are for the retail release of the game (which right now is only for consoles as I understand it), which explains why the DLC is console only, but I'm hopeful that something will be released as DLC for PC as well.
Jeb
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:06 pm

Yeah, they're planning something for it too. For now, they want to promote the physical launch stuff.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby TecmagDiams » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:11 pm

I'm with Smudgedhorizon here. I absolutly hate console exclusive content. I jumped on early and I feel punished for it. "Oh you think this Knight cosmetic is absolutly adorable? Too bad you bought it on Steam 2 years ago. You should have foreseen that we might do a console exclusive you would have wanted way down the line."

Console exclusives are unhealthy to a game. It hurts your image in a portion of dedicated fans eyes, it fragments your game so players can't have the whole experience... ever, and it's completly arbitrary.

It's sad because it heavily dissapoints me. It's the first thing about Slime Rancher I can straight up say I don't like, and I've played the game for over 2 years.
TecmagDiams
Plort

Postby SupaGamaBoi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:42 am

NOTE: According to Karkob, we’re going to get something special down the line.
Dank SupaGamaBoi wrote:
I EAT THE MEMES
I DRINK THE MEMES
WITHOUT MEMES I WILL DIE

LOOK AT THAT NOOB GO
SupaGamaBoi
Rancher

Postby Sting2saw » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:26 am

Don't be mad, it's only a decoration.
On PC you have mod Support, you will never have this on Consoles.
Sting2saw
Plort

Postby Lionmeow » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:09 am

Another thing! You people could just get the console editions.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby Calydor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm

Lionmeow wrote:Another thing! You people could just get the console editions.

Right, let me just go buy two consoles for a decoration in a game I've already completed.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby LastFace » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:42 am

I'm still waiting for any update on it coming to Play Anywhere too, personally
LastFace
Plort

Postby Frontiermon » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:47 am

First of all, all console gets as exclusive is a small costume and a color. Not that big of a deal

Second, if you want them that bad, well then you have mods for that.

Problem solved.
I'm still waiting for the BOb update.

helloCHIckens hallOO. chikkEN. OKs?
Frontiermon
Chickadoo

Location: I'm honestly not sure. There's no landmarks on my planet that could clue you in :/

Postby WillyDonka » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Frontiermon wrote:First of all, all console gets as exclusive is a small costume and a color. Not that big of a deal

Problem solved.

Green is my favorite color, I shouldn't be locked out of my favorite color because I don't want to buy a $300+ console with the game.

Mods are not easily implemented as far as I know, it takes a great deal of effort to implement them into a game like this, and even then I doubt people will be able to get the emerald and sapphire chromas + the treasure chest and monster toys + the costumes, to even implement them.

Problem not solved. Exclusives are dumb, annoying and generally toxic to have.
WillyDonka
Chickadoo

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:55 pm

WillyDonka wrote:
Frontiermon wrote:First of all, all console gets as exclusive is a small costume and a color. Not that big of a deal

Problem solved.

Green is my favorite color, I shouldn't be locked out of my favorite color because I don't want to buy a $300+ console with the game.

Mods are not easily implemented as far as I know, it takes a great deal of effort to implement them into a game like this, and even then I doubt people will be able to get the emerald and sapphire chromas + the treasure chest and monster toys + the costumes, to even implement them.

Problem not solved. Exclusives are dumb, annoying and generally toxic to have.

About half this post is accurate, the other half is based on some false numbers. The mods are generally easy to add, the creation difficulty is another story. A mod like this would need 2 things, a code edit and an assets edit. That may be annkying to install at first having 2 things to install, but relatively simple once you account for automatic installation.

The hardest part is getting the assets which you are correct on. They aren't exactly easy, although if patient one could try recreating them using appropriate programs. The chroma packs are the easiest there I would think (asset mods I'm newer to doing.)
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby TheRavenConspiracy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:45 am

If I remember correctly, they ARE adding in exclusive DLC content to the Steam version as well. Maybe they just wanted to focus solely on the Xbox and Playstation version at that time since it is so new. Perhaps it is harder for Monomi Park to do something like DLC Content on Xbox and Playstation so they did that first?
TheRavenConspiracy
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:55 am

TheRavenConspiracy wrote:If I remember correctly, they ARE adding in exclusive DLC content to the Steam version as well. Maybe they just wanted to focus solely on the Xbox and Playstation version at that time since it is so new. Perhaps it is harder for Monomi Park to do something like DLC Content on Xbox and Playstation so they did that first?

Noted earlier exactly what you said and also states facts from a quote which this post only speculates.

The Xbox and ps4 dlcs were a celebration for the retail release, something pc wasnt getting. With no reason to celebrate at the time, pc wasn't celebrating.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby jmababa » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:51 am

Want The mod that adds the Pirety DLC of xbox to Steam or GOG version I just finished it runs well on both I'll only release this if devs will permit me to. Found a way to make it run. Did this on windows 10 laptop to get files of Pirety DLC. If devs let me post this xbox piraty DLC will not be exclusive anymore. Just hate the green chroma pack
jmababa
Chickadoo

Postby Lionmeow » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:05 pm

jmababa wrote:Want The mod that adds the Pirety DLC of xbox to Steam or GOG version I just finished it runs well on both I'll only release this if devs will permit me to. Found a way to make it run. Did this on windows 10 laptop to get files of Pirety DLC. If devs let me post this xbox piraty DLC will not be exclusive anymore. Just hate the green chroma pack

That would be pretty cool. I was going to ask for someone to do this, but I decided against it.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:52 am

Well the announcement for the pc dlc details released. We are getting VR...

Edit: got corrected on the steam forums by the devs. This isnt the one they said was coming out when the ps4 Xbox one were announced
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby GravityCat » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:00 am

PC has modding, just an FYI.

That alone I feel more than justifies giving Console-specific DLC. Bit annoying for grabbing screenshots though.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:23 am

Well, I want the Sapphire Chroma pack. We get VR though.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!