Drones - make source and destinations corral specific

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Drones - make source and destinations corral specific

Postby pwh589 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:21 am

I need drones to feed specific food TO SPECIFIC CORRALS. Id like to feed every slime its favorite food. by allowing drones to feed not just any auto-feeder/corral, but a specif corral by giving a drone a specific "Corral Name" or "Corral ID" the drones will be able to do this. also, I have an expansion that has only food grown in it, which means i cant take food from one extension and feed with it corrals that are in a different extension. i think that they sould cancel the extension limitation and instead allow us to define an extension (or even multyble extensions) for the target, source and destination. also, why limit the number of drones?

overall i think that the less restrictioins on drones the better
pwh589
Plort

Re: Drones - make source and destinations corral specific

Postby TheLevens » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:06 am

First, if they allowed three drones per area, you could easily automate your ranch and you would be left with nothing to do yourself if you programmed it right.

To help you with your specific food delivery, all you need to do is fill the corals with the food you want in them first. Then the drones won’t feed them the wrong food, they’ll only deposit identical foods into the feeders or silos.
Then just program them to Gather All Food>From Gardens>Auto feeders as the destination.

They should start gathering food and placing them in auto feeders that match what they’re carrying.
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Postby Calydor » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:46 pm

But depending on when and how you get the third drone, is that necessarily a bad thing?

Slime Rancher is not like some open-ended MMO, nor is it a competition against other players. It is a single-player game that is at some point considered done; for most I'd wager that's when you have all the treasure pods and have maxed out the 7Zee Rewards Club.

If you could fully automate the ranch at that point so you can just walk around as you want, is that a bad thing? The drones are and would be completely optional; those who want to handle the ranch on their own need only NOT place drones on it.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby TheLevens » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:25 am

Calydor wrote:But depending on when and how you get the third drone, is that necessarily a bad thing?

Slime Rancher is not like some open-ended MMO, nor is it a competition against other players. It is a single-player game that is at some point considered done; for most I'd wager that's when you have all the treasure pods and have maxed out the 7Zee Rewards Club.

If you could fully automate the ranch at that point so you can just walk around as you want, is that a bad thing? The drones are and would be completely optional; those who want to handle the ranch on their own need only NOT place drones on it.

I am at that point in the game, I really don’t have much else to do. I could do the rush modes or max out my casual mode but since I already completed adventure mode there’s really no point.

This game does need more end game, multiplayer, and more rewards for end game players. If I had three then I would literally do nothing in the ranch and there would be no other reason to play.
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Return to General Discussion