Drones are way too restricted and possibly glitched.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Drones are way too restricted and possibly glitched.

Postby Caitie » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:56 am

I was so excited for the drone update but having used it I think they are way too restricted and this seems like more of a "minor help update" than an "automatic update".

When I found out they could only do a single thing (so no collect food for and plorts from X sime) I thought well thats slightly annoying but its OK, I'll just have to make more and I can understand why they only do one thing. The I realised they can only operate on one ranch expansion at a time. Well now thats really annoying because I can't have nice neat area to grow food and seprate area with slimes, I have to put stuff all over the place. But I can stick them in Ogdon's retreat, Mochi's manor and the Docks, that should keep them out of sight, out of mind. And after playing further I realised there are also benefits to only having them function in one area.

Then I found out you can only have 2 per area. Well now the "automatic" update can't be automated at all unless your ranch is a huge mess with one slime pen and one garden per area.

Please remove the 2 drones per area restriction, it doesn't add anything other than irritation and and a mess. I can't even organise my slimes by category, for example I want the honey/phosphor largos, rock/tabby largos and boom/rad largos that I keep for funding my extractors to be at Ogden's retreat. It has 6 areas to fit the food as well as slimes but I can't because I need a drone to collect fruit, a drone to collect veg and a drone to collect plorts and put them in a refinery link. But no, I can't have 3. Also the drones are either broken or one drone cannot keep up with collecting the plorts from 2 largo corrals since I frequently find a sleeping drone thats been programmed to collect plorts and two corrals with full plort collectors and plorts on the floor. I don't know if its a glitch but if its not then it means I need more drones just to collect the plorts, not possible with the 2 limit.

I do love the drones but I really think they could be so much more than a minor help (as the name "automatic update" implies) and I can't be the only one who hates a messy ranch and like to keep stuff organized which is currently impossible unless you either don't feed most of your slimes or spend all of your time feeding and collecting plorts.
Caitie
Plort

Re: Drones are way too restricted and possibly glitched.

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:15 am

The drones aren't supposed to automate the ranch entirely.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Quixik » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:35 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:The drones aren't supposed to automate the ranch entirely.

Who cares, still everybody wants it and everybody will hope the devs will do it :) +It will be great if they add Warp depot support for drones :)
Quixik
Chickadoo

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:54 am

I mean, I see what you are saying, but if you could have as many drones as you want, then no one would have to take care of slimes, and a whole aspect of the game is taken away.

Maybe make a mod or something??
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:12 am

It will never happen :)
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:54 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:It will never happen :)

o...kay?
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby TheLevens » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:39 pm

My Ranch might look like a “Mess” but I’ve Made my ranch highly efficient.
I have two gardens, two corals, and a Silo for all my 5 plot expansions. I’ll probably make a post later to show what I’ve made.

My results of adding the two drones per expansion have really made my whole job easier once I came to terms with I’m going to do some of the work.

My expansions excluding my chicken, puddle, and fire slime expansions have the drones set so one picks up the food and places them in a silo, the other drone takes the food from the silo and puts them into the auto feeder. So now all I have to do is suck up plorts and either sell them or put them in the refinery.
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Return to General Discussion