(sugestion)More uses for the diferent slimes

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

(sugestion)More uses for the diferent slimes

Postby Keyhound » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:34 pm

i was thinking about this game, and came up with a few diferent ideas that could make the game more fun.

right now, the only reason to gather diferent slimes, is to make more money faster, but after a while, they start to mix, and the player could potentialy focus on a single type and still make alot of money in the same time. aside from their looks and gimmicks, there's little to no reason to go with a diverse farm(expecially when the boom slimes keep exploding over.. and over... and over... for all eternity.

so here are my suggestions.

1- make upgrades use slimes as part of their costs. this gives the player, not only a reason to hunt down the diferent types of slimes, but also bar certain upgrades as well, for example, make the sprinkler require a puddle slime. the stoarge require pink slimes in quantity(basically it would start with 10 slots but to make it hold more, ask for lets say, 10 pink slimes per upgrade to store 10 more items in there)

2- make plorts also have extra uses. so going back to the sprinkler upgrade, make it have a timer, like the plants, but instead, it requiring a puddle plort for 10 minutes to 1 hour of work. also upgradeable.

3- allow more upgrades, even if at cheaper price, instead of simply buying something once and be done with it, allow us to either buy it at its "premium" price, or a weaker, cheaper version, that requiresmore work to make it function right. but that could be upgradeable. like the examples i gave earlier, the storage starting at either its top form or a medium size, or at its cheaper 10 items.

4- this one is for later development, allow us to make slimebots, basically single function bots that will work a function for us, like for example, gather fruits/veggies. at mark I it would simply gather the fruits and stock them in his own reservoir. but at mark 2, it could deliver those items to a certain point, like either an autofeeder, or a storage. at mark III it would allow long range controls(maybe even play as them instead.

5- later on, as the world grows, it would be nice to have diferent ways to get to those places. like teleporters, so we could have a central pod in our ranch, that would allow us to go to the others that we actvated.

6- in the same reason, give us a late game chopter, that could fly us to diferent spots, and maybe diferent islands. this chopter would be kinda small, not that much bigger than 5-6 players really, but it could be upgradeable to have other functions, like a water gun to fight tar and maybe other slimes, a storage spot, and some cages for storing captured slimes. maybe even more functions like a claw that could "fish" lost treasures on the slime sea, and move stones that are in the way for other areas. or even dropping us in a vocano dungeon, finally a remote control to call it for our position, it would start a countdown, based on its last position... so many possibilities. also before the chopter, a small boat could function, it would be faster in the begining(since by the time you get the chopter it would be already upgraded) it would work the same, but of course only to get us to one point to the other(and some underwater caves.
Keyhound
Chickadoo

Re: (sugestion)More uses for the diferent slimes

Postby Heather » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Thank you for sharing your feedback and suggestions with us keyhound!
Heather
Admin

Postby Keyhound » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:36 pm

ah, rereding my post i realize i sound a little "pushie" expecially when talking about the chopter, sorry there, i was kinda in arush, so i ended up using the wrong words there... sorry.
Keyhound
Chickadoo

Postby Wonda » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:47 pm

I agree with points 1, 2, and 3. An actual use for slimes, besides existing, would be nice.

For point 4, I find automation goes against the core of caring for a ranch yourself.
Point 5 could be useful and couldn't.
Finally, point 6 seems a bit overpowered compared to everything in the game currently.
Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Postby Hugger » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:07 pm

For point 6: There is already teleporting in the game. You could just have the player be able to teleport to the new zones after unlocking them. I think having a helicopter would take away from the free range exploring experience.
Profile Pic by Mellorine

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=471
Hugger
Rancher

Postby Keyhound » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:17 pm

to Wonda
well, its likme i said, those things are more late game aquisitions, there's a limit for how much we can do, in a given time, and my sugestion is exactly when we get to the point of having around 10+ corrals, with diferent slimes, and almost the same number of gardens and so on. so if the game allow's exploration, with diversse dungeons, caves and ruins, it would be nice to have the time, besides "ah now i have too much money so i can finally go explore".

for the chopter, its the same thing, i even noted that it would be niceto have far islands that we could access first with a boat, that boat could have some things to make it feel like wind waker(minus the anoying sailing bore) the chopter would be very late game, something that would allow more freedom, but again would cost alot to get.

and besides, i never intended to say, you guys should do it all(and again i apologise, for the way i worded in my original post), but more of a, version 2.6 kinda update(or more a extra content really).

to Hugger ah i know, but i meant more like a hub teleporter, that could allow us to go from the ranch to the other we "liberate". since(last i check, i could be wrong of course), those teleporters are one way only. about the chopter, again, my sugestion is more if they go for diferent islands, instead of a single giant island, in that case, we would be able to make(or fix) a boat, that would allow us to traverse the slime sea, and then, later on, we would find a ruin, that would take us to a floating island, and there we would find the chopter, that would let us fix it, but it would be very late game aquisition, with high cost to make as well(both in money and parts).
Keyhound
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion