Jetpack is too OP?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Jetpack is too OP?

Postby NanoSlime » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:44 am

The jetpack is cool... ok really cool, but thinking about it, for the official release would the Jetpack be too overpowered for the game?
with it I can get literally anywhere, into the currently unfinished areas, even into the cave and grassy ranch areas before you have unlocked them.
I think the jetpack should be removed for the official game, or maybe made to be MUCH more expensive, 250 is too cheap.
do you guys agree?
Hi there, my name is NanoSlime_
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC120bdDHlqjUf9epMwrDXxQ
My first Slime Rancher Video (it's now my most popular video EVER): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1BIC1hnauQ

Have a great day!
NanoSlime
Rancher

Re: Jetpack is too OP?

Postby Dako » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:45 am

It's pretty easy to just add some invisible walls on the top of most of the areas so you can't just fly over barriers like that. I didn't really find it too OP because you can't really fly straight up very easy.
Dako
Plort

Postby Dratini » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:50 am

It does look like the jetpack as the moment is mostly just a for-fun item. The game is far from done so I don't think there's a point to blocking off places via invisible walls or similar just yet. I'm sure that as time progresses and the game follows, there'll be things implemented to stop unwanted entry to areas. Personally, I quite enjoyed getting to explore in a free-roam style. Invisible walls are always such a buzzkill.
Slime Rancher brings me back to the good ol' days of Sonic Adventure 2's Chao Garden.
Dratini
Chickadoo

Postby coten » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:11 pm

i do agree with Nano that the jetpack should be more expensive, considering that we get a lot out of it for a one-time purchase item. to me, 400~500 nubucks seems like it would be an appropriate amount - enough that a player will actually have to do some ranching / foraging to get it instead of just blowing their starting allowance, not high enough that it's a far-off goal after starting a game.

overall i think speedrunning with this sucker is going to be a lot of fun, but immediately being able to go straight through levels without ever interacting with the slimes within them is... eeehh.
coten
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion