new ideas for the game :3

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

new ideas for the game :3

Postby shiningstallion » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:31 pm

new kinds of slimes

burn slimes: diet: minerals( will explain down below) favorite : coal caption: something's cookin'! slimeology: burn slimes are bright orange slimes that are constantly on fire. touching them is unadviseable. despite being constantly aflame, they seem to feel absolutely no pain. they, as you might guess, love to live near volcanic regions and hot locations. rancher risks: as you might guess, picking these slimes up without some form of protection can be very dangerous. they're so hot, they can melt right through your vacpack! it's advised you get an insulator upgrade to keep them from doing so. another thing to note, is that they do slowly cool down..and if they get too cold, they can get very mad, or dissapear altogether! that's why they stay near lava, or heat vents: to renew their bodies of heat energy by absorbing it. so it's neccessary to say that you need to keep them warm. installing a heat vent in your corral should do nicely. also be careful of enraging them. should they become agitated, they may tackle you, or spit fireballs in your direction! they're small fireballs...but still hot! keeping them in a cage with boom slimes may cause bigger, more frequent explosions. plortonomics: due to their ever-burning properties, burn plorts are often used as forms of heating, such as in hairdryers, heaters, ingition engines, or explosives, as a charge starter, meaning they work well with boom plorts. they can also be used to start fires! handy.

freezy slimes: diet: veggies favorite: snow stalks. caption: brrr..ch..ch...chilly in here. slimeology: freeze slimes are little, oddly cube shaped slmes, with little white icicles popping up all over their head, which leads scientists to believe it's a relation to the rock slime, adapted to colder climates. when watched in an enclosure, it's shown that they seem to spread out, being antisocial, but upon finding another of their kind, won't bat an eye to it being there. they seem to mostly keep to themselves, even if put into close proximity. they also seem to be less playful than other slimes, as they won't play with scientists when prompted by giving them toys, or engaging in games. it could be said their giving us the cold shoulder... rancher risks: these slimes are so cold, they freeze anything they touch, which means they can do the same to your vac pac. if one of your pack's tanks is frozen, it might stop being able to suck things or blow them out of that tank! it's best to have the insulator upgrade purchased in this case. being made of snow and ice, it's a good idea that you keep these slimes cold, and comfortable...and..presumeably happy. we have no idea, they never change their expression. an air conditioner upgrade for your corral might do just fine for this purpose.it's also best that you keep these slimes away from other slimes, as they make other's cold. especially puddle slimes, as they can freeze them solid! plortonomics: freezy plorts make wonderful conductors, once refined, for keeping things cold. as such, they work best when put into air conditioners, or refridgerators, or other kinds of appliances. they also make wonderful industrial grade coolant for supercomputers, and internal systems in rocket ships. they were on the ship you flew to the far far range on!

tree slimes:diet: meat favorite: jungle beetles. caption :look! in the trees! it's a slime! slimeology: these green and yellow and brown little slimes love nothing more than to hop from tree to tree, making little chirps and trills as they smile and wiggle side to side. tree slimes are noted for having a brown and yellow swirl in the center of their bodies, as well as having their eyes on small bumps on top of their heads...they're also the only slimes with feet! these slimes have small, flat feet sticking out the sides of the bottom of their bodies, which researchers claim allow them to stick to trees and other surfaces better, and give them their jumping power, their small bodies rocketed through the air from surface to surface, easily. if you see a green blur in front of your face in the forest...it's a tree slime. rancher risks: first to make the slime happy, you must always have tree's in their corrals. these slimes live, and thrive in trees. if you leave them without any, just sitting on the ground like some random sap, they'll get unhappy and start jumping out of their pens. and trust me, these fellows are too bouncy for anything to stop. even an air net can only hold that onslought for a small amount of time. other wise these slimes are fairly harmless, and will spend their days eating bugs and hopping from place to place. plortonomics: tree slime plorts make great fertilizer for, oddly enough, trees! environmentalists praise this substance for helping ease deforistation, by helping grow new plants and trees to keep eco systems healthy. and since it's all natural, there are no side effects! it can also make great food for your window cactus.

liquid slimes: diet: water favorite: none. caption : eww..what did i step in? slimeology: these flat, icky, gooey slimes are suposedly close cousins of puddle slimes...just more slippery. these slimes are close to the ground, and completely liquid, sloshing around and sliding around, like an actual, legitimate puddle. they're so flat to the ground, you might not see them and step on them by accident! and it feels really weird. rancher risks: these slimes need water, but don't put them directly into a pond! unlike puddle slimes, these ones have no form keeping properties, and shape change in an instant, so putting them into a pond will result with them dissapearing completely, melting away into the water. all you'll see are a pair of eyes left! it can take hours to sift what should be their body from the water again, properly, and even longer for them to actually reform. it's best you keep them in a corral like normal slimes, but keeping them watered instead of feeding them. putting a sprinkler into the corral should keep them nice and wet, if set on mist instead of spread....oh the drain clogs they cause if not put on mist setting... plortonomics: liquid plorts keep much more of a shape than their actual slime makers, suprisingly, but can dry up fairly fast. liquid plorts are used to make factory grade lubrication fluid, which allows robotic joints, wheels, and other assembly line devices to work at their maximum potential.

cactus slimes: diet: water favorite; none caption: owch! prickly! slimeology: these big, bulbous, pointy slimes are found usually in dusty, dry regions. their turgid little green bodies hold a lot of water, and they can dry out a whole pond in an instant, if droped in one! as you might imagine, they are quiet absorbant. rancher risks: being as pointy as they are, it's not safe to touch them, as they might leave many nasty, painful little prickles inside of your skin. luckily enough though, this only lasts a little while, as being made of slime, the prickles will eventually just melt and fall out of the hole they entered from...though it can be gross squishing all of that goo out of your body. these slimes are highly absorbant, so it's not a good idea to put them anywhere near your ponds. if they get in, they might absorb the water...and the puddle slimes with it! plortonomics: the plorts these slimes drop aren't all that useful, but when planted as a seed, grow a beautiful, flowering cactus that has a pleasant little smile on it. possibly a direct reprisentation of the maker of the plort, they don't yet seem to have any conciousness. the cactus, being a luxury item, is actually worth a lot, makng the plorts worth quite a bit too.

floaty slimes diet: fruit favorite: gas apples caption: is that a cloud? no! it's a slime! slimeology: these bouyant little slimes seem to have tiny clouds of some form of gas inside their body, which allows a small whistling to be heard, like a delfating balloon, when they open their mouths. it also explains how they're somehow able to fly. these little white slimes, filled with helium, presumeably, float about like nothing matters, constantly bouncing off walls, or wiggling their buts to "swim" through the air. they sure appear to have fun with their lives...rancher risks: it's important to note that without being constantly feed their food source, gas apples, these little cuties will slowly delfate until their flat, empty sacks, that sit there with a sad face on their little bodies. when these happens, they won't produce plorts anymore until they are fed several times, puffed up to their full size. this leads scientists to believe that plorts are a way of getting rid of excess gas...a way to fix themselves when they overeat, if you will. you should definitely have an air net on top of your cage, for them, because if not they may float right out of your corral, right off into the great blue yonder, over the slime ocean. plortonomics: floaty plorts are used to make a special salve, that when applied to something, actually makes it lighter! this makes it invaluable for moving companies and inter-world shipping crews alike, making it extremely expensive.

that's all for slimes, now for new area ideas!

I would like it if you maybe put the cactus slimes in the glass desert, or perhaps put the floaty slimes there, if you decide to do any of this, or take my ideas into consideration :3

a mountain area. you could call it sky spire mountain, or something of the like, and it would reach clear into the sky. the floaty slimes could call this place home, and maybe it could be volcanic near the top, allowing you to put the burn slimes there. and before it gets volcanic, it could be cold, allowing freezy slimes there too.

magma or tundra areas, self explanitory.

seashore area. a big fat beach filled with crabs and stuff.

okay now upgrades.

environment settings for corrals, such as buying AC or heaters.

size expansion for ponds

teirtiary upgrades for stuff like plort collectors and autofeeders, to slowly make them better at their jobs, like improving suckage, or adding a timer for food dispension that you can set yourself, or only dispensing when slimes are hungry.

spinklers for corrals, for slimes that need water.

tree upgrades for corrals, and other upgrades that could add more plants and things or environments to make corrals more homey for slimes.

insulator upgrade for the vacpack. makes it easier to resist damage.

heres one that isnt an upgrade, but is still cool. damage to your tanks. up above i mentioned stuff like tanks melting or freezing. that could be an interesting mechanic to the game, so that occasionally you'd need to pay to repair your tanks to your vacpack. that or find special resources to do it with. if it got frozen, you could show one of the slots at the bottom of the screen being frozen over, of if one of the tubes got melted, you could show a red hole in one of the things down below too. and other ways for vacpacks to wear down over time.

resources ideas

new ideas for resources

gas apples grow on trees, and float away if you don't vac them if you knock them off the tree, but iff you don't knock them off, are connected by vines, making them look like balloons.

minerals you could make it so that some slimes eat only minerals like gold, coal, rocks, gems etc harder to find in the wild, need to buy an upgrade for the farms called "mineral replicator" allowing you to grown minerals.

new kind of meet, beetles, different kinds of beetles and things. some slimes might only eat beetles or bugs. beetles can stay in pens just like chickens, but need special upgrades for breeding them.

snow stalks: a type of giant grass that only grows in snow. need a snow upgrade for farms to farm them.

magma :to power heaters or can use burn plorts to power heaters.

ice cubes : broken off from ice in snow areas to power AC's. or uze freezy plorts to power air conditioners.

and just some random ideas

can use boom plorts to blow rocks out of your way in certain areas, like blowing up a rockslide

phosphor plorts to light up caves.

use burn plorts to melt ice that gets in your way.

freeze plorts: use to make ice bridges.
shiningstallion
Chickadoo

Re: new ideas for the game :3

Postby Nunn » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Neat jazz +1
Nunn
Rancher

Postby shiningstallion » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:10 pm

Nunn wrote:Neat jazz +1

are you a dev for the game?
shiningstallion
Chickadoo

Postby Heather » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:15 pm

My goodness! You sure put a lot of thought, time and effort behind your post.

My favorite part was definitely this one:
liquid slimes: diet: water favorite: none. caption : eww..what did i step in?

Very original, thanks for sharing!
I hope you draw us a few pictures of what the slimes look like too.
Heather
Admin

Postby shiningstallion » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:54 pm

Heather wrote:My goodness! You sure put a lot of thought, time and effort behind your post.

My favorite part was definitely this one:
liquid slimes: diet: water favorite: none. caption : eww..what did i step in?

Very original, thanks for sharing!
I hope you draw us a few pictures of what the slimes look like too.

I am an artist, and I can draw fairly well, however my phone is broken so i couldn't send them even if i wanted to. that's why i went into detail in appearance.

do think any of these will be of use to the project?
shiningstallion
Chickadoo

Postby shiningstallion » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:59 pm

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/UAeoAp1RXpo/hqdefault.jpg

this is what the liquid slime should look like, like the liquid metal slime from dragon quest. only a different face and no bubbles, and the color blue. i wanted it to be an actual puddle :p

the tree slime should look something like a poliwag from pokemon, but green and brownish, with the swirl being in the center of the whole body, and the body being translucent. also a broader, signature slime smile. also no tail..

i was self explanatory with the others. the burn slimes would prolly be like the boom ones, but orange and on fire, and the freezy's like an icecube with icicles on top, similair to the rock slimes.

oh and the floaty slimes should be like slightly bigger than pinks, same shape, but looking derpier and with clouds inside their bodies. like have them derping a little bit, because in my opinion they probably would be very carefree. oh and the cactus ones are self explanitory too
shiningstallion
Chickadoo

Postby shiningstallion » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:03 pm

actually this does look like what i envisioned for the burn slime
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/swo ... 0831132034

just a little more orange
shiningstallion
Chickadoo

Postby Nunn » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:51 pm

shiningstallion wrote:are you a dev for the game?

Nope, just a fellow rancher who supports your ideas!
Nunn
Rancher

Postby blinkinn » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:23 am

shiningstallion wrote:
Nunn wrote:Neat jazz +1

are you a dev for the game?

devs have red name tags
blinkinn
Rancher

Postby shiningstallion » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:45 am

I would love to see these ideas reach the devs, i heard they give feedback and read user ideas and take them into consideration, just like the subnautica devs, which is also a great indie game. although i think this one could become just as good, even just it's early version is fun as it is :3
shiningstallion
Chickadoo

Postby 43Darknero » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:50 am

You should add some spacing so we can read it easier. :P
Just a little pet peeve of mine. No offense.

I look over text really fast when it's jumbled together sorry.
Tabby slimes are too cute I made dis http://fav.me/d9pfb3b
Thought of a slime called Angelic. Check it out!
http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=883
Avatar by http://forums.monomipark.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16677
43Darknero
Rancher

Postby shiningstallion » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:03 am

i was keeping it as a paragraph.

anyone have any other comments about the actual content of my post :3
shiningstallion
Chickadoo

Postby 43Darknero » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:22 am

shiningstallion wrote:i was keeping it as a paragraph.

anyone have any other comments about the actual content of my post :3

I know, I like the ideas though :3
Tabby slimes are too cute I made dis http://fav.me/d9pfb3b
Thought of a slime called Angelic. Check it out!
http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=883
Avatar by http://forums.monomipark.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16677
43Darknero
Rancher

Postby shiningstallion » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:44 am

I am in love with the floaty and tree slimes.
shiningstallion
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion