Slime Hybrids Suggestion! Plort Combiner.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Slime Hybrids Suggestion! Plort Combiner.

Postby PiercingSmile » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:37 pm

On a plot a new option could be made called a "combiner" or something. Better titles are probably somewhere out there. So instead of giving a slime a plort to make it a lardo, you put two(or more maybe?) plorts into the machine to create an entirely new slime! The possibilities are endless. Then, the thousands of slimes would make sense. They are created by you from mixing other plorts together. I thought this would be an awesome idea to keep the wild slimes at a bit more of a minimum but the ones you can make are endless. Still though the more areas that are added the more wild slimes are added and the more artificial ones can be created! If any of these created types of slimes are found in the wild they are considered mutants. These mutants based on the area they are found in could give you a hint as to what plorts to use to make them. But in the wild they will be lardos, too big to take with you. Mutant lardos.
PiercingSmile
Plort

Re: Slime Hybrids Suggestion! Plort Combiner.

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:52 pm

*largos

lard-o's sounds like a cereal for severely obese people
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby Wonda » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:08 pm

I like the concept of combining slimes to make a larger slime that give me better plorts than normal... Oh wait.

First, it would be a massive pain to create 64+ unique slimes for each combination. Second, we already have largos.
Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Postby Hypsellis » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:06 pm

I don't see the utility since it's already possible to combine two slimes with their plort, these are the largos.
Hypsellis
Chickadoo

Postby SilvieSkydancer » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:08 pm

I think they want a way to have slimes that are just Largos, but smaller? Like, normal slime size. That I'm down for.
SilvieSkydancer
Rancher

Postby Cymelion » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:41 pm

I suggested something similar - and many others too no doubt.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=816

Cell Slimes - Clear Slimes - Rare lives in Tar Pits - Tar will not attack them need cloak to collect them to avoid Tars. Will copy any slime it eats a plort from becoming that slime - essential for making hybrids - When placed in a Hybridizer with 2 other slimes you can merge them into a hybrid slime which will look like the Largo but normal sized - instead of producing 2 plorts they produce 1 hybrid plort. Eating another plort will have it make a Tar instantly. Only certain hybrids can be made - the rest just create Sludge slimes

(Hybrid)Sludge Slimes - Black and Brown slime - produces sludge plorts of next to no value eats anything. Put it in the ocean or incinerator (do you feel guilty?)

(Hybrid)XNRGY Slimes - Boom+Honey hybrid - produces XNRGY Plorts, these are very powerful and can run specially fitted generators for a long time. Needed for the more advanced farm upgrades.

Hybridizer- This is a machine for combining things together - it requires a lot of power to use and will take 24 hours(game time) to perform. Make sure you have the power to run it otherwise you'll lose anything inside it without some upgrades.
This can be used to make Hybrid slimes and Hybrid plants.
Cymelion
Plort

Postby Catatron1 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:53 pm

maybe a neutral slime its just a gray slime.
Meow Purr...
Catatron1
Chickadoo

Postby ArtsyTroll » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:18 pm

I'm not sure about a Plort Combiner. You say that's how Largos are made if this was introduced so we wouldn't have to worry about the number of slimes in the wild, but what about the Tarrs? There'd be no need for them then in the game, unless the developers came up with another way to add them in.
And the Tabby said.. "Meep!"

Check out my Beatrix design! http://tinyurl.com/BeatrixDesign
Like my art and want to commission me? Here's my prices! http://artsytroll.tumblr.com/post/138577624092/
ArtsyTroll
Rancher

Return to General Discussion