Juvo's feedback and experiences

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Juvo's feedback and experiences

Postby Juvo » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:48 am

I think this is a fun, cute and addicting game. I noticed myself playing this longer than I thought on a day and it certainly draws me back to play more in the future. That's what I adore most about games!

My current specs are as follows:
GPU: GeForce GTX 660
CPU: i7 4790k @ 4ghz
RAM: 8GB RAM

The performance of this game is pretty good for a pre-alpha. I am able to play this game at a solid 60fps with the graphics running everything on high and 2x msaa. When I tune the lighting up to highest, including the msaa to 4x or 8x, I notice some hiccups in the framerate. It's not really troubling me much, because I'm used to playing games with a varying framerate between 50-60. Last time opening the game however, it tries to lock my framerate to 30 when the framerate drops a bit too much. Slightly annoying.

The game has shunted me with quite some questions when I began. I realize the game focuses on a lot of trial and error, as well as "what if scenarios", but I wasn't sure what I had to do and where to start, so I just started somewhere. I still feel like there's a lot to inspect because of that. I don't know if I like that or not. It feels like something is missing, but I can't put my finger on it.

To be honest, I don't really like to go to slimepedia. I never liked a wikipedia in any game. It's nice it offers extra information, but I like to play the game instantly without much help. Having these tips pop up are nice, but sometimes do not offer much valuable information. As a result of that (and because I'm a stubborn player) for example, I've been shooting all my food into corral barriers in hope that special slimes munch on the right thing, so I can remember it. At the same time I liked doing that, but I felt I should've known about it within these quick entries.

Lastly the visuals. The art style is absolutely wonderful and unique. The world is pretty bright, maybe a little too for my feeling. I feel the shadows can compensate this, but the shadows are relatively bright on their own as well. Maybe darken them a bit?

Nevertheless, I think you guys are doing an amazing job on an amazing game. Props!
Juvo
Plort

Return to General Discussion