[Suggestion] Season and seasonal slime.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] Season and seasonal slime.

Postby Shocobo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:51 am

Hi! I'm new here and came to you to express my thought about this game.

First of all, I would like to thank the devs and all the team that made this game possible, it's exactly what I want from a game: cute and quite simple. My boyfriend gave this game to me through steam the first day of release and I played it a lot during the week end.

Then, I realise that there is so much possibility, so much things that can be added... And, as I'm a kid at heart, I love seasonal event like easter and christmas and I worked on how those event could be added to the game. I know the season have already been discussed but couldn't find a thread about it. Feel free to show me one if it exists.

In game season:
You know the seasons? Well, I think it would be great and entertaining to have them in-game. For exemple, every few in-game days, the season switch to the next one. This could have those effects:
  • Modification on the quantity of fruits/veggies growing in your ranch could be modified: less in Winter or need upgrade "Greenhouse", more in Spring, need to have the sprinkler to have the maximum fruits/veggies in Summer...
  • Spawn of seasonal slime like Flowery Slime in Spring, Leafy Slime in Autumn, Snowy Slime in Winter... Maybe more could be added to the list but you get the idea. Those ones DON'T include "event" Slime like the Christmas one (see the next proposition). They can be caught but would need special upgrade in your ranch to survive throught the season they don't belong to, for exemple: snow canon for Snowy Slime and some greenhouse for Flowery Slime.

Seasonal event:
Easter and Christmas in game? Yeay! During one month or more, it's to the team to choose if they implements it, a very special Slime can appear. Like the Gold Slime, they can't be caught but they leave great gift if you shoot them with resources.
  • Christmas Slime spawn during real December, during in-game Winter. It could leave crate or whatever contains several item of varying rarity. You can find Gold Plort in those.
  • Easter Slime spawn during real April, during in-game Spring. Leave crate like the Christmas Slime.
Those event Slime could even replace the Golden Slime during their spawn period as they work nearly the same or have the same spawn rate or higher due to their restricted spawn period.

Why add those? I like to fill my Slimopedia and this would highly increase the time it takes to fill it up. I think it would be great to have that even if I know it won't be in-game in near futur but I hope it will one day.

Thanks for reading my suggestion.

PS: Sorry if I made some mistakes. My mother language is French. I won't feel offended if you point out my mistakes, it'll improve my English writing.
Shocobo
Plort

Re: [Suggestion] Season and seasonal slime.

Postby Heather » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:59 am

Welcome to our community Shocobo!
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestions with us, it is appreciated!

PS: Sorry if I made some mistakes. My mother language is French. I won't feel offended if you point out my mistakes, it'll improve my English writing.

Merci pour vos pensees, votre anglais est excellent! Beaucoup mieux que mon francais ne pourrait jamais esperer etre! Vos commentaires sont toujours bon ici!

Your English is excellent... thanks again!
Heather
Admin

Postby ArtsyTroll » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:06 pm

I love these suggestions! One cool thing though, instead of 4 different seasonal slimes, what if there was THE seasonal slime? It changes with the season! :O

Also: Merci!! I'm currently learning French, it's such a pretty language. <3
And the Tabby said.. "Meep!"

Check out my Beatrix design! http://tinyurl.com/BeatrixDesign
Like my art and want to commission me? Here's my prices! http://artsytroll.tumblr.com/post/138577624092/
ArtsyTroll
Rancher

Postby Hypsellis » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:02 pm

Wow I really like your ideas, and me too I'm french. ^w^
Hypsellis
Chickadoo

Postby Nunn » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:27 pm

ArtsyTroll wrote:I love these suggestions! One cool thing though, instead of 4 different seasonal slimes, what if there was THE seasonal slime? It changes with the season! :O

Also: Merci!! I'm currently learning French, it's such a pretty language. <3

OMG!!! That would be cray!
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Sokyogoku » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:38 pm

I really like your suggestions. I have another one in addition to yours: since it's a far far range, far far away from Earth, what if seasons will also be different? They still could be similar to those on Earth but with slight differences just like hens and fruit aren't exactly like those on Earth.
For example there could be slow/slime rain season where slime population will grow more rapidly and more could even appear on the ranch and not just the wild section.
There could also be a dry season where little fruit would appear and slimes could get hungries or aggressive or maybe give less plorts.

I think this idea may be a bit better but still it's only a suggestion.
Sokyogoku
Plort

Postby Shocobo » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:40 am

Heather wrote:Your English is excellent... thanks again!

Thank you!

ArtsyTroll wrote:I love these suggestions! One cool thing though, instead of 4 different seasonal slimes, what if there was THE seasonal slime? It changes with the season! :O

I was thinking about seasonal Slime as a challenge to keep them alive in your ranch, adding features to their corral like a snow canon or the greenhouse. But I'm ok about it if you mean the event Slime like the chritmas one. Plus, it could allow a longer spawn period and make it not so hard to find one which is more balance than a month as I told in my first post.

Sokyogoku wrote:I really like your suggestions. I have another one in addition to yours: since it's a far far range, far far away from Earth, what if seasons will also be different? They still could be similar to those on Earth but with slight differences just like hens and fruit aren't exactly like those on Earth.
For example there could be slow/slime rain season where slime population will grow more rapidly and more could even appear on the ranch and not just the wild section.
There could also be a dry season where little fruit would appear and slimes could get hungries or aggressive or maybe give less plorts.

I think this idea may be a bit better but still it's only a suggestion.

There is a lot that can be improve about that idea and I know it. You got what I mean, season would influence the way we play, most of the time, an upgrade could be available at the ranch to counter the bad effects of weather on slime and plants... I think the game is meant to remain accessible to people with not so much supervision skills ;-)
Shocobo
Plort

Postby slimerancher34 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:06 pm

seasonal slimes are a great idea!!
slimerancher34
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion