some slime ideas

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

some slime ideas

Postby lunatictrenton » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:02 am

I was playing the game and i thought of a few ideas for slimes. One of the slimes was a snow/ice slime. It could look like a snowball, and have frost coming off its breath. the other one would be an electric slime. With the electric slime, you could incorporate a mechanic where it can be used to power something. Don't know if these have already been suggested, but I think they would be pretty cool.
lunatictrenton
Rancher

Re: some slime ideas

Postby Heather » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:25 am

Neat ideas, thanks for sharing!
Any artwork to show us what they may look like? :)
Heather
Admin

Postby lunatictrenton » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:56 am

not right now, but i might work on something later. :D
lunatictrenton
Rancher

Postby Keyhound » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:39 am

I really like those ideas.
if i may, i got some interesting ones.

the first would be, recipe slimes, basically specific, 3 slime mix that would result in unique slimes, instead of tar. that would alow that, risk reward feeling, and even that sense of discovery.

another slime idea would be some more villainous ones(maybe bosses for specific dungeons/areas), like the slug slime, it looks like a melting slime, kinda like the pokemon muk, maybe he would be throwing sludge at the player as its attack.

another one would be the the yellow devil from megaman, or atleast, something using the same idea, a giant slime that would fling part of itself in diferent directions, and the way to defeat it, would be to suck its divided parts before it regroup.

my final slime would be the ninja slime, it can turn into a puddle an in that form he can walk on walls(not needed but would be fun ) he is hard to see, and can only be absorbed when its stunned, by throwing food/objects(or maybe agressive slimes).

finally something for the late game players. a randomizer mode, that would basically change everything, so diferent slimes would have diferent atributes, and favorite foods, and in this mode the player would have to figure out by himself, with info only being accessible after the discovery. in that mode, if the "recipe slimes" are in, could be alot of fun, figuring what slimes would mix to turn in the special ones.

of course that last one would be an extra mode, and as such would only be developed later on. and of course sorry for the wall of text, but i love to come up with diferent ideas.
Keyhound
Chickadoo

Postby Nummles » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:21 am

Nice suggestions!
I think an electric slime would make a nice bonus to the game.
Some reason it never crossed my mind. C;
Nummles
Rancher

Postby lunatictrenton » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:35 pm

I really like the electric slime. I think one of the kirby games had an electric slime/slime like enemy.
and I absolutely love the ninja slime idea. I like naruto, so the idea of a little ninja slime would be cool.
lunatictrenton
Rancher

Postby Nunn » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:01 pm

I like the idea of having the low chance to create rare slimes by feeding largos certain plorts. But you will mostly get Tarr.
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Keyhound » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:12 pm

to Nunn
ah no no, i meant special recipes, for example feeding a boom/puddle largo a rock plort it would change into a diamond gordo... a unique slime basically, but if you feed it anyother plort it would became a tar like normal.

so the players would have to test things to find out the secret gordos basically...
Keyhound
Chickadoo

Postby Nunn » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Keyhound wrote:to Nunn
ah no no, i meant special recipes, for example feeding a boom/puddle largo a rock plort it would change into a diamond gordo... a unique slime basically, but if you feed it anyother plort it would became a tar like normal.

so the players would have to test things to find out the secret gordos basically...

That is a neat concept.But I feel like the gambling version would still work. But what if it was only gold plorts that you could feed them to have a chance at creating a rare hybrid? It would be a long term project and give the game more longevity.
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Keyhound » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:49 pm

why not both? having special recipes for unique types, like diamond(boom+Puddle+rock) and Fairy(phosphor+honey+pink)

and by feeding largos some gold plorts, we have a chance of creating that type gordos(like the size of the ones in the teleports/keys)

of course there could be many more fun things to do and experiment.
Keyhound
Chickadoo

Postby Nunn » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:02 pm

Keyhound wrote:why not both? having special recipes for unique types, like diamond(boom+Puddle+rock) and Fairy(phosphor+honey+pink)

and by feeding largos some gold plorts, we have a chance of creating that type gordos(like the size of the ones in the teleports/keys)

of course there could be many more fun things to do and experiment.

Ah my bad if I worded that strangely. I meant both could work well together!
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Keyhound » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:37 pm

right? expecially since this type of game really need some secrets, and fun things to discover.
Keyhound
Chickadoo

Postby Nunn » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:53 pm

Keyhound wrote:right? expecially since this type of game really need some secrets, and fun things to discover.

Well it is at it's baby stages. We're still in pre-alpha. But I always get pumped up imagining the final product. But I'm sure once it's starts growing we'll get secrets!
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Keyhound » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:19 am

same here, im always playing around with rpg maker, and other game maker programs, never finish anything, since i lack both the time and skills needed, lol. but still, i love to lose myself iumagining the possibilities.
Keyhound
Chickadoo

Postby Nunn » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:30 am

Keyhound wrote:same here, im always playing around with rpg maker, and other game maker programs, never finish anything, since i lack both the time and skills needed, lol. but still, i love to lose myself iumagining the possibilities.

Imagination is DA BOMB!! I have a very vivid imagination. And there are times where I just zone out daydreaming XD. I used to be on auto-pilot always when I was a waiter.....garbage job :/.
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Keyhound » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:33 am

i know the feel mate. i was the same at school.
Keyhound
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion