Auto feeders are useless

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Auto feeders are useless

Postby geo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:15 am

so ive been playing this game for a while and ive noticed the feeder doesnt really help at all! its a waste of money to buy even if you are exploring a lot, you can just throw like 50 pieces of food and the leftovers will be eaten when the slimes get hungry and it is really rare for the food to get stale or a chicken getting old.

My point is the auto feeder should be ever buffed or removed from the game because lots of new rancers waste their money on it.
geo
Rancher

Re: Auto feeders are useless

Postby 21K1 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:49 am

Or have a detector where if has food on the ranch where the auto feeder is, he will not throw food.

(i did upgraded the ranch to the auto feeder but he did only throw food while there was leftovers, totally a food waste.)
21K1
Chickadoo

Postby spikyknight » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:04 am

Or maybe we should just be able to move stacks from our inventory to them. B/c there's really not much of a difference if we shoot food items one by one straight into the cage or into the auto feeder's collector.
* You're blue now. That's my attack.
spikyknight
Chickadoo

Postby GoldeenTrix » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:06 am

I think they will become more useful once more areas are added to the game. Right now, no matter where we go we will always be able to make it home within a couple in game hours, so our slimes never go hungry. But once more areas are added, we may be out exploring and travelling and collecting for days on end. Any food left for the slimes would have rotted so we'll need autofeeders to feed the slimes and keep food fresh.
GoldeenTrix
Plort

Postby FoxyBoxes » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:46 am

GoldeenTrix wrote:I think they will become more useful once more areas are added to the game. Right now, no matter where we go we will always be able to make it home within a couple in game hours, so our slimes never go hungry. But once more areas are added, we may be out exploring and travelling and collecting for days on end. Any food left for the slimes would have rotted so we'll need autofeeders to feed the slimes and keep food fresh.
So you have meat eaters and keep a stack of hen hens in the pen pens.
FoxyBoxes
Rancher

Postby Keasan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:04 am

What I wish is that the Auto-feeders didn't still spit out food when there ARE NO SLIMES IN THE PENS. DX
I'm trying to stock them all before replenishing my slime numbers, and nope. Spits out 50 Cuberries on the ground by the time I'm finished... =.=
Keasan
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion