[Multiple Suggestions] You know if you're interested

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Multiple Suggestions] You know if you're interested

Postby Cymelion » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:29 am

First off let me say, really enthusiastic about the game. But I am going to treat it a bit like Star Citizen as in check it out every content patch instead of burning out on it.

However I do see a lot of suggestions being thrown around so I would like to add some of my own if you're interested.

Plorts for construction - This is something I thought about where you buy a frame/blueprint from the store and then you need certain plorts to actually build it. There is always the base version available from the corals and the store with plorts only being needed for the upgrades. All being done through some new farming equipment.

Blueprints/Frames - These are found out in the wild in metal crates you'll need to carry home to be opened, dropped from Gordos or found in trade deals/quests via the email. The ones found in the wild are often for the more advanced items and should not impact normal gameplay. The ones on the exchange are probably going to be more common ones to save you from buying them from the market.

Farm Equipment.

Crate Breaker Is used for opening wooden/metal crates and is connected to the house, easy first upgrade - contains broken crate contents to a small area so they're not lost.

Refinery - This building will take your plorts and turn them into resources to be used in construction or upgrading of buildings and equipment on the farm. It will require additional power while running but you can always access unrefined plorts and refined materials it has stored.
You will need to upgrade Storage otherwise you'll constantly have to empty it if you want to refine more than one type of plort. With upgrades you will be able to refine two or more plorts together into resources for upgrading your farm.

Generators- At the start you have a Small Solar generator which will give you power to do things during the day. It is enough to run aditionally maybe 2 small corals and a farm which will store power for use overnight too many systems and they will lose power and stop working.
The generators might be located in an extended area behind the house - Power is transmitted wirelessly so no need to build wires but has a limited range.
They can be upgraded easily with batteries being able to be bought to store and first few available upgrades requiring minor resources.

Solar - Basic first generator can be upgraded to collect more energy - base corals always come with batteries to store power but other buildings and corals have to buy batteries to store more the more advanced they become if you choose solar as your primary power source.

Wind - Some nice wind turbines - will need resources to build. These provide constant power throughout the day and night. But need regular maintenance to maintain. Multiple upgrades to increase power output will also require resources.

Plort Burners - This generator will use certain plorts to power it as long as there are plorts in its storage it will continue to make power. This is great for boosting the power of your farm when you need multiple things running but haven't advanced Solar or Wind into being able to cope with your demands. It can be upgraded to use additional plorts to power for longer and output more.

Hybridizer- This is a machine for combining things together - it requires a lot of power to use and will take 24 hours to perform. Make sure you have the power to run it otherwise you'll lose anything inside it without some upgrades.
This can be used to make Hybrid slimes and Hybrid plants.

Rancher Upgrades

The Vacuum - begins with 2 chambers and can be upgraded from there to 4

Cloaking Device - Allows you to sneak past Tars - Angry Largos and up on Unique slimes. Uses power and will need to be upgraded to last longer and use less power.

Slimes

Silmk Slimes - White slime with a some stringy threads hanging off it, makes a Fabric silky like Plort can be used in construction when refined. Eats fruit likes the dark.

Cell Slimes - Clear Slimes - Rare lives in Tar Pits - Tar will not attack them need cloak to collect them to avoid Tars. Will copy any slime it eats a plort from becoming that slime - essential for making hybrids - When placed in a Hybridizer with 2 other slimes you can merge them into a hybrid slime which will look like the Largo but normal sized - instead of producing 2 plorts they produce 1 hybrid plort. Eating another plort will have it make a Tar instantly. Only certain hybrids can be made - the rest just create Sludge slimes

(Hybrid)Sludge Slimes - Black and Brown slime - produces sludge plorts of next to no value eats anything. Put it in the ocean or incinerator (do you feel guilty?)

(Hybrid)XNRGY Slimes - Boom+Honey hybrid - produces XNRGY Plorts, these are very powerful and can run specially fitted generators for a long time. Needed for the more advanced farm upgrades.

Silver Slimes - Shiney silver less observant than its other unique brethren Rare - Silver plorts are still great to find. Can be fed to Cell Slimes back on the farm for a quick buck.

Prismatic Slimes - Flowing lights - Rarest of all - highly observant you need cloaking to even stand a chance at sneaking up on these will run as soon as you're and can out run most ranchers - will make any slime it passes an angry largo when panicked. Prismatic Plort is the higher than gold.

Mimic Seeds - These can be placed in a hybridizer to produce hybrid food - Hybrid food will allow Slimes to produce more than 1 plort and Largos to produce more than 2. Hybrid food has no effect on Silver-Gold-Prismatic slimes.

Sorry if I went overboard in suggestions. Even if they're not used hopefully they can inspire some ideas in you and others to expand upon.
Cymelion
Plort

Re: [Multiple Suggestions] You know if you're interested

Postby Nunn » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:37 am

+1 good stuff!
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Heather » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:35 am

Welcome to our community Cymelion, thanks for taking the time to share your suggestions with us.
It's appreciated!

Cymelion wrote:Sorry if I went overboard in suggestions.

There is no such thing!
Heather
Admin

Postby Cymelion » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:30 am

Heather wrote:Welcome to our community Cymelion, thanks for taking the time to share your suggestions with us.
It's appreciated!

Cymelion wrote:Sorry if I went overboard in suggestions.

There is no such thing!

Thank you - I'm really glad you guys are getting some support out there from the community - hope it's firing you guys up :D
Cymelion
Plort

Return to General Discussion