[theory] Beatrix is a Robot/Cyborg

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[theory] Beatrix is a Robot/Cyborg

Postby pyromaniacben » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Considering we haven't seen what the main character looks like yet, now is the time for silly theories to maintain a level of feasibility, thus I present this one, we are playing as a robot/cyborg.

I've only got 2 points so far but hear me out.

Our player is never seen to be eating anything, there is food all around but our player doesn't seem to need to eat, not a common trait for a human.

More evident is the operation of stamina (energy), the blue bar representing stamina drains when running, that makes sense, however, machines can be bought to increase stamina (energy) allowing to run longer, that can be explained away. However, what can't be explained away is that the jet pack also uses energy, somehow the jet pack and our character's ability to run rely on the same thing, perhaps Beatrix isn't a full robot but instead a cyborg, that would make more sense.

Tell me what you think.
pyromaniacben
Plort

Re: [theory] Beatrix is a Robot/Cyborg

Postby DarthBanana » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:50 pm

Hello pyromaniacben~! Nice to meet you. Good theory you have there!

So since you want others to tell what they think,I'll tell mine.

I think, Beatrix is a human living in a far, far Range a.k.a. distant future. Where, in fact, human has already learned how to travel between planet or "worlds". (Well I come from Galaxy Far.. Far away. lol)

And I see quite humane characteristic such as, if you enter the house in your ranch the background menu showing you a bed with 2 pillows and of course a big-adorable-pink-slime-doll which girls always love to hug~!

Well this doesn't answer why she hasn't seen eating anything, but I can only assume, it is more tasty to eat indoor~ Which is in the house.

If you read the game descriptions, it tells us that Beatrix came to the far, far range to try her skills at ranching the slimes. (Perhaps this can means that she leaves her busy old earth life to settle for the "more calm" one. Just like we have a city-living family that move to small town because they're tired of the big city noises.)

If you look at the mail, you'll see many greetings sent by another rancher. Some already senior, some love veggies, some are scientist, some love to tell people to stay away, and some... mysterious like BOb that love chickens REALLY much. And greetings is a really humane behavior. That's why A.I. learn to say good morning, or welcome, or simply hi when we interact with them.

And about the "stamina" thingy, I think it is pretty much closer to our smartphone's battery we have. If you look up the mail from The 7zee Corporation, in first mail they welcome you and tell you that they'll have further upgrades for the Vac. It is just a tools, I assume.

Some upgrades allow you to run further and fly higher by increasing its stamina efficiency which is pretty much like a battery for the Vac unit. It charges wirelessly too (perhaps), or somehow get its energy drawn from the air which explains why it fully charged after a while.

I guess... yeah that's all I can think of. This make me really excited to know her background story, though.
DarthBanana
Chickadoo

Postby MLeonhardt » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:53 pm

My theory is that Beatrix is actually two pink slimes standing on top of one another wearing a big coat.
MLeonhardt
Rancher

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:00 pm

^ same
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby Hiding » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:16 pm

Why she no eat anything? Because future ppl genetically altered to have photosynthesis
Hiding
Rancher

Postby Wonda » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:20 pm

Hiding wrote:Why she no eat anything? Because future ppl genetically altered to have photosynthesis

The light flickers on, as Beatrix is woken up inside a 7zee interrogation office.

Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Postby Snow » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:03 am

Her being a cyborg with metal mods in her might explain why she can't swim. Not even the slime sea stuff... just in the normal ponds you find out in the world she sinks right to the bottom and can't get out unless it's by stairs/ramp or she's got the jetpack.
Snow
Plort

Postby MuMMD » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:34 am

Snow wrote:Her being a cyborg with metal mods in her might explain why she can't swim. Not even the slime sea stuff... just in the normal ponds you find out in the world she sinks right to the bottom and can't get out unless it's by stairs/ramp or she's got the jetpack.

Well, it isn't exactly water. The pond might be a slime/water mix like the slime sea, so yeah.

I think Beatrix is made of two Hen-Hens who stole her clothes and are now preparing the feared Hen-Hen uprising.
MuMMD
Rancher

Postby CrazeePi » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:10 am

Guys, the clear reason for the energy is because when mist was removed from SK, it was actually all put in a giant container and Nick saved it for this game. Our vacpac is actually conected to one giant mist tank that refills it.

Though seriously, not eating is not really a reason. Link isn't ever seen eating anything, does that make him a robot?
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby z0mbiesrock » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:17 am

MuMMD wrote:I think Beatrix is made of two Hen-Hens who stole her clothes and are now preparing the feared Hen-Hen uprising.

Nah, BOb is the one being a disguise for some Pink Slimes who want the chickens.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby FoxyBoxes » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:41 am

CrazeePi wrote:Guys, the clear reason for the energy is because when mist was removed from SK, it was actually all put in a giant container and Nick saved it for this game. Our vacpac is actually conected to one giant mist tank that refills it.

Though seriously, not eating is not really a reason. Link isn't ever seen eating anything, does that make him a robot?
Yes?
FoxyBoxes
Rancher

Postby MuMMD » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:36 pm

z0mbiesrock wrote:
MuMMD wrote:I think Beatrix is made of two Hen-Hens who stole her clothes and are now preparing the feared Hen-Hen uprising.

Nah, BOb is the one being a disguise for some Pink Slimes who want the chickens.

My god, it's a conspiracy!
MuMMD
Rancher

Return to General Discussion