Couple of things I've noticed from watching Youtubers

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Couple of things I've noticed from watching Youtubers

Postby machallboyd » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:08 am

A lot of people get taken by surprise by the tabby gordo's teleporter, either because they're running to collect the key they think it drops, or because they're grabbing crates, and/or because they just don't see it when it's covered in little slimes and loot. Maybe it should be behind the gordo instead of underneath it.

Also, when people first build the plort collector, they stare at it waiting to see what it does and wonder if it's broken or not implemented yet. This would probably fix itself if it fired immediately on build instead of starting at the bottom of a collection cycle.
machallboyd
Chickadoo

Re: Couple of things I've noticed from watching Youtubers

Postby SpiralRancher » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:22 am

The first subject is a good point to bring up. Placing the Tabby Gordo more to the front of the teleporter would be a lot more convenient to the player and not give them the surprise of having to backtrack all the way to that point to pickup the loot.

But we all know that tabbies are anything but convenient to others.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby Nummles » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:55 pm

Cats aren't always supposed to be nice. They're cute for a reason so they can get away with being bad! Haha, anyways it does kind of surprise you if you don't know what the teleporter is. But I discovered the Tabby Gordo after the Moss area. So I knew what it was, maybe that's just me.

I think people just need to learn how to be patient with things. Things shouldn't work immediately after things are made. Have some patience. C;
Nummles
Rancher

Postby glinkBobby » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:59 pm

A hologram effect on active teleporters would be sufficient indication that if you step on it, you're going somwehere. Some shines up from the ground, some circling spiraling particles.

Maybe only have it activate ~5 seconds after the tabby blows up, so you have time to clean it off.

Also, why can't we shoot things into the teleporter? Maybe add some upgrades to the teleporter later on? Item Transfer, Silo Storage, Two-Way.
SharingFisUcaringC<3KMeow
glinkBobby
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:04 pm

Or maybe just grant the choice to teleport by adding a command input when standing on the teleporter. That would be more simple.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Return to General Discussion