[Suggestion] Cooking

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] Cooking

Postby digitalcielo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:23 am

I keep seeing thing in the descriptions of food items that ranchers generally make food and beverages out of them, so why not add cooking. They would generally just provide temporary status boosts like slightly faster walk speed, higher jump height, night vision, faster health regeneration and the like. You would need the necessary ingredients in your inventory and access your home and select what to make on the menu. the menu would list the ingredients and take them out of your inventory or possibly silos and then when you leave the house the boost is now there for maybe 1-3 hours in-game time.
digitalcielo
Plort

Re: [Suggestion] Cooking

Postby Maliki » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:25 am

i kind of like this idea
Maliki
Rancher

Postby felis23 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:43 am

yea i think that's a good idea, it would be pretty nice to have slimes that eat cooked food too
how about that?
felis23
Plort

Postby digitalcielo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:54 am

felis23 wrote:yea i think that's a good idea, it would be pretty nice to have slimes that eat cooked food too
how about that?

Yeah I think that would be a good idea. The slimes would of course only eat it if their preferred food type was one of the ingredients. Each dish would give 2-3 plorts and if their favorite food is there then thats a +1 plort. So if 1 slime ate a dish with its favorite food it would give out a max of 4 plorts for regular slimes and 8 for largo slimes.
digitalcielo
Plort

Postby alphayoshi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:15 am

I like this idea. Hopefully it gets implemented!
alphayoshi
Plort

Postby FarmerYuuma » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:24 am

Feels kind of redundant.

I love the idea of cooking too, but on the other hand I don't want to waste time feeding myself. For boosters I'd just buy new upgrades that last forever.
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby Snow » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:10 am

digitalcielo wrote:Yeah I think that would be a good idea. The slimes would of course only eat it if their preferred food type was one of the ingredients. Each dish would give 2-3 plorts and if their favorite food is there then thats a +1 plort. So if 1 slime ate a dish with its favorite food it would give out a max of 4 plorts for regular slimes and 8 for largo slimes.

Now I've got this image of throwing a pie at a gold slime trying to make it drop lots of plorts all at once.
Snow
Plort

Postby Heather » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:24 am

Thanks for the suggestion digitalcielo, it's sure appreciated!

Just my personal two cents....
Honestly I don't even like cooking IRL..... so..... yeah,... no thanks Image
Heather
Admin

Postby FreddyReady » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:35 am

lol^ anyway, having a table and having all the slimes coming to eat X() but naaw throwing out pie into the cage.
FreddyReady
Rancher

Postby E1d2f3 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:14 pm

To be honest,feeding them is already tough,and making food would just waste more time. However,it would be the player's choice to waste their own time.
E1d2f3
Plort

Postby Nummles » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:43 pm

I love the idea of cooking. But I feel like at this point in the game it's a far bit too early. Maybe it will be a factor in the future that will give buffs to Beatrix, or maybe certain slimes like cooked food as favorites!
Nummles
Rancher

Return to General Discussion