Question About One of the Slimes...

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Question About One of the Slimes...

Postby Anastasia » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:58 pm

What are these slimes? Do they have a name? Any purpose other than to try and eat us?
I tried to capture one and carry it back to the ranch to lock away, but it kept eating me, so I had to set it down while my health bar restored and then the area became overrun with tarrs and one ate him...

So anyone, anyone know anything about these? They bug me.
Anastasia
Plort

Re: Question About One of the Slimes...

Postby SpiralRancher » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:04 pm

They're Pink Phosphor largos, the results of a Pink slime eating a Phosphor Plort or a Phosphor Slime eating a Pink Plort, except that these ones are extremely territorial. You can tame wild largos simply by feeding them.

You can also bypass these largos by visiting this area in daytime, as Phosphor slimes will vanish unless it's dark out.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby Nick » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:00 pm

I think you're referring to ferals here. Feral slimes are wild largos who happen to be grumpy enough that they chomp and stomp on ranchers. You can calm them down simply by feeding them something they'd otherwise like to eat.

Challenge-wise they're intended to be sort of a middle ground between regular slimes and the tarr.
Nick
Developer

Postby FarmerYuuma » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:31 am

They are scary at first, when you don't know what to do.

Just get a slot full of carrots and whenever you see them, shoot carrots at them until they are nice and friendly.
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby Anastasia » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:51 am

Ohh... ok! Thanks! I thought they were something completely different since they had the weird red lines surrounding them... Alright. Cool. I like it.
Anastasia
Plort

Postby FarmerYuuma » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:38 am

Anastasia wrote:Ohh... ok! Thanks! I thought they were something completely different since they had the weird red lines surrounding them... Alright. Cool. I like it.

I think they are supposed to be "angry" lines so you are able to tell they are not friendly at all, haha
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Return to General Discussion