Spiral Knights influences in Slime Rancher.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Spiral Knights influences in Slime Rancher.

Postby Nunn » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:04 pm

This is my first post, So i don't know if this has been brought up before. But I started playing this game, and started noticing similarities. First it was the sound effect when I cashed in my plorts. Sounded like something from Spiral Knights, can't remember exactly what. Then I saw the Tarr, which reminded me of "Kat's" (Enemies in Spiral Knights that start out cute and become horrifyingly nightmarish as the game progresses) Especially "Black Kats". Other sound effects sounded very familiar. Can't remember what exactly off the top of my head.

I'm just curious to know how much Spiral Knights helped with inspiring elements in this game. I have not played SK in a couple years. But i was hardcore back in the day for a handful :P. But I really enjoyed it. And am glad to see that other projects are doing well.

If you could give your 2 cents Nick. Or if any other players that played SK noticed anything. Welp, that would be dandy :D.
Nunn
Rancher

Re: Spiral Knights influences in Slime Rancher.

Postby CrazeePi » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:07 pm

I asked and he said there weren't any.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby Nummles » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:09 pm

I have played Spiral Knights. I feel like they main similarity would be the Kats become nightmarish. I didn't really noticed the sound effects, but it's been quite awhile since I played that game as well.

Also welcome the slime ranch community, Nunn!
Nummles
Rancher

Postby Heather » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:11 pm

Welcome to the community Nunn!
I'd bet you're going to find this recent topic very interesting... :)

Thanks for joining, we hope you enjoy your time with us!
Heather
Admin

Postby SpiralRancher » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:48 pm

I feel that the art style has a lot to do with the similarities. This is probably not intended, however.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Return to General Discussion