Slime Suggestion: Robot Slimes

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Slime Suggestion: Robot Slimes

Postby Kaite20 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:13 pm

I don't think anyone has thought of this before, but considering the technology is a bid advanced in this game's canon, I figured that Robot Slimes would be a great addition to the game. They could be special slimes to combat Tarr.

Appearance: Has both metal components and squishy components. Their eyes glow different colors depending on their mood, and their 'goo' is transparent. Their insides glow as well.

Location: Very rare, and can only be created using a mechanics booth. Only 1 can exist at a time.

Diet: Tarr, and other slime plorts.

Favorite: Rad Slime Plorts

Possible Slimeology: Artificially created for the sole use of helping other ranchers, these 'slimes' are obedient, and do everything in their power to keep the ranch clean of Tarr. In addition, their structure and energy source of slime ports makes it impossible for these slimes to evolve into largos.

Possible Plortonomics: These slimes don't produce plorts because everything they eat transforms into pure energy.

Other information:

-Unlike normal slimes, these slimes can't produce plorts, nor do they mutate when eating the plorts. As such, they only eat because they need a source of energy, and shut down when they are too hungry. Tarrs give them more energy than plorts.

-These slimes attempt to follow you through the ranch. If you don't want it to end up following you through the wild as well, it would have to be corralled.

-When a Tarr appears, its AI moves from following you to trying to devour the Tarr. Once the Tarrs are gone, it goes back to following you.
Last edited by Kaite20 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaite20
Rancher

Re: Slime Suggestion: Robot Slimes

Postby glinkBobby » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:33 pm

Do people really have this much trouble with Tarrs forming on the ranch? Just take them one by one and fling them out into the sea behind your house. They only eat slimes, and slime supplies are infinite.
SharingFisUcaringC<3KMeow
glinkBobby
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:49 pm

glinkBobby wrote:Do people really have this much trouble with Tarrs forming on the ranch? Just take them one by one and fling them out into the sea behind your house. They only eat slimes, and slime supplies are infinite.

Not really on the ranch, which is kind of why I was thinking of them following you into the wild as well, sort of like a companion of sorts. 1 is the minimum because they could end up being big game breakers if more than one could be out at a time. That is why I also brought up that they eat plorts too.

Basically, I wanted to try something new with them.
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby glinkBobby » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Oh, doy, silly me. I thought they would just stay on the ranch and wouldn't follow you out of it.

I had a thing in my mind where if you left it alone it would just patrol the ranch doing laps.
SharingFisUcaringC<3KMeow
glinkBobby
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:17 pm

glinkBobby wrote:Oh, doy, silly me. I thought they would just stay on the ranch and wouldn't follow you out of it.

I had a thing in my mind where if you left it alone it would just patrol the ranch doing laps.

Maybe? I was thinking of it following you all the time, but maybe if you distanced yourself from it enough maybe it patrols?
Kaite20
Rancher

Return to General Discussion