[Suggestion] Pet slimes

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] Pet slimes

Postby MuMMD » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:22 am

The basic idea I had is that some slimes can be domesticated with a special plort. They will change color or get a leash or something. They will detect crates and golden slimes, if they're around.
But the player can only have one pet slime at a time. The plort will be available again once the previous pet has died (through falling into water or a Tarr attack, for example).
What do you think?
MuMMD
Rancher

Re: [Suggestion] Pet slimes

Postby FreddyReady » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:51 am

Would be fun for, having a pet with buffs some that could be like the music box and calm nearby enemies down.

Bunny slime +1 carrot, 0.3% chance per picked up carrot (spawns/created/added in inventory/bag)
Rad slime keep slimes away 0.5-1.5m

so on.
FreddyReady
Rancher

Postby AbsintheKitsune » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:15 pm

Having a slime following me everywhere would be too cute. It would limited to specific slimes though. Largos couldn't become pets, and puddle slimes couldn't for obvious reasons. Not sure I'd want a boom slime following me around, but it could be hilarious as well.

Pinks and tabbies would be good to start. Of course, in real life I would have a tabby slime riding on top of my head while I work. Not really that useful, but still cute. :3
Slime fanart, because we need more cuteness: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=699
AbsintheKitsune
Chickadoo

Postby MuMMD » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:24 pm

AbsintheKitsune wrote:Having a slime following me everywhere would be too cute. It would limited to specific slimes though. Largos couldn't become pets, and puddle slimes couldn't for obvious reasons. Not sure I'd want a boom slime following me around, but it could be hilarious as well.

Pinks and tabbies would be good to start. Of course, in real life I would have a tabby slime riding on top of my head while I work. Not really that useful, but still cute. :3

I thought the same thing. I would restrict the pet slimes on Pinks, Tabbies and maybe Rock slimes (who could fend off other slimes).
Also, pet slimes can not turn into Largos or Tarrs, and can not produce plorks (that would make things too easy), but still need feeding, to not turn against you.
MuMMD
Rancher

Return to General Discussion