[suggestion]remove specific upgrades from structures

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[suggestion]remove specific upgrades from structures

Postby blinkinn » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:42 am

i do not want scare slimes guarding some of my fruit trees or vegetable patches in my free range areas, but i don't want to tear the whole thing down if i happen to misclick or just have a brain fart.

allow us to remove upgrades, just like how we can remove specific plants from a farm plot.
blinkinn
Rancher

Re: [suggestion]remove specific upgrades from structures

Postby glinkBobby » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:04 pm

I keep thinking of an upgrade tree when it comes to how to upgrade corrals progressively.

If you need to upgrade the corral to contain a special slime, you have to buy a "specializer" which gives you more options in your purchases. And if you don't need to specialize in anything, you can ignore the specializer all together.

a little like this (items in brackets don't exist)
SharingFisUcaringC<3KMeow
glinkBobby
Rancher

Postby FarmerYuuma » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:38 pm

So if I get the net I can't get the feeder?

And why specialized corrals. If I want to put Rad Slimes in there next time I have to destroy it and rebuild?
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby Nummles » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:06 pm

I like the idea of removing certain upgrades to whatever you build. But at the same time,money isn't usually a huge issue after about 15-ish days. So it's not too much of a hassle right now. Good suggestion for the future though!
Nummles
Rancher

Postby glinkBobby » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:16 pm

FarmerYuuma wrote:So if I get the net I can't get the feeder?

You can buy everything on the tree, you just need to buy the thing under it to continue. I keep reading that the game is too easy, and some specific paywalls for specialization, in my opinion, would be alright. (Because that's the way it is currently, you have to buy things to sustain certain slimes)

FarmerYuuma wrote:And why specialized corrals. If I want to put Rad Slimes in there next time I have to destroy it and rebuild?

Why not specalized corrals? I suppose you could toggle things like the solar shield on and off, or toggle the music box on and off (though i'm not sure why you'd want it off) but only after you buy it.
SharingFisUcaringC<3KMeow
glinkBobby
Rancher

Postby blinkinn » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:40 am

the corrals could be limited to a certain number of upgrade slots. so you could set it up to handle really volatile slimes easily, but in exchange you might have to go without some of the automation features like the feeder.
blinkinn
Rancher

Return to General Discussion