[suggestion] allow us to buy common items

Postby blinkinn » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:12 am

add in a little shop that allows us to buy:
carrots
pogo fruit
hen hens
roostros
chickadoos

none of the specialty items but enough that if something bad happens to your farm you can still feed your slimes so long as you have some money in reserve.
blinkinn
Rancher

Re: [suggestion] allow us to buy common items

Postby SpiralRancher » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:45 pm

Alternatively, be able to open up a shop for these commodities yourself.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby TechJackt » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:48 pm

Also it might be cool if once you have found a specific food type the store allows you to purchase that type. The cost would go up for each level of foodstuff but that would be very helpful.
TechJackt
Plort

Postby SpiralRancher » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:49 pm

How do you even define a level of food? They're simply different.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby TechJackt » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:54 pm

SpiralRancher wrote:How do you even define a level of food? They're simply different.

By level I mean difficulty of finding it in the first place. Like the mint melons were the last ones that I found because they were further away from the ranch.
TechJackt
Plort

Postby MLeonhardt » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:16 pm

SpiralRancher wrote:How do you even define a level of food? They're simply different.

By rarity, or base spawn distance from the Ranch.

Pogofruit - Cuberry - Mint Melon
Carrot - Heart Beet - Oca Oca
Hen Hen - Stony Hen - Briar Hen
MLeonhardt
Rancher

Postby FarmerYuuma » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:37 pm

Yes please. Yes. Please.

I don't careif they are really expensive but I am so tired of having to run to the other side of the world literally to get some briar hens, or some mint mangos because the coops and gardens wont produce enough.... and i need space for those too! Space I could be using for corrals!
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby Nummles » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:11 pm

Personally, I don't think it would be a great idea to just have a shop. That's what the Ranch Exchange is for. To exchange something you may need for something you already have. I also like the idea of farming or exploring for items. It's a possibility in the future though!
Nummles
Rancher

Postby blinkinn » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:50 am

Nummles wrote:Personally, I don't think it would be a great idea to just have a shop. That's what the Ranch Exchange is for. To exchange something you may need for something you already have. I also like the idea of farming or exploring for items. It's a possibility in the future though!

the ranch exchange is too random. i don't see how it could be effectively utilized to feed a healthy slime population.

also i kinda want some other use for money, because right now i have everything set up and fully upgraded, including my vacpac. i still have like 25k left and all i can really do is run up the score board. my slimes are living in piles of their own filth mostly because i have no reason to collect any of the plorts.

the only reason i cleaned the pens for my rock boom largos was because the floor was full up enough to lift them too close to the net at the top of their pens and they were breaking through too often.
blinkinn
Rancher

Return to General Discussion