[Suggestion] Time-saving ranch innovations

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] Time-saving ranch innovations

Postby Defenestar » Wed May 02, 2018 4:23 pm

Allo. Got SR a while back, poked it a bit, had some fun, set it down again. Then saw this update and I've been really enjoying it since. Good stuff.

That said, I've been running in to a problem. There's simply not enough time in a Far, Far Range day to manage all my slimes and leave the ranch to explore anything. So I had a think about it, and came up with a couple things.

1. The Flush Unit. How about a vacpac upgrade that allows one to press the nozzle right up against the port of a device, and then just hit the button once to fill the thing to capacity? Like slorping out all the plorts that one's pac can accept or dumping as many of the food items in that tank in to the auto-feeder as it'll accept?

2. Plumbing. Run hoses from stuff like plort collectors to refinery or market relays, dumping plorts above the halfway point in the tank in to the target device. Ideally showing lumps flowing down the pipes.

3. Slimebots. The complex option, but possibly the most fun to play around with. A device to unlock (maybe in the rewards club) and then build that produces a headless robot in to which one installs a slime. Then it putters about moving ten units of whatever at a time around the ranch, with its priorities determined by the type of slime. Upgraded ones would have a largo for a head and increased tank capacity. I picture stuff like little umbrellas over the heads of phosphor slimebots to protect them from the sun.

I'm going to go vacuum up some chickens now. L8R.
Defenestar
Plort

Re: [Suggestion] Time-saving ranch innovations

Postby Calydor » Wed May 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Re your plumbing idea, the next update (as far as I understand) will involve drones that can be programmed for simple tasks, eg. emptying your plorts to the market and so forth. That should speed things up nicely.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Thu May 03, 2018 2:09 pm

I need drones.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Defenestar » Thu May 03, 2018 7:38 pm

Well, that's great news. As long as the drones are cute. That's important.
Defenestar
Plort

Postby Calydor » Fri May 04, 2018 2:02 am

On that note, does anyone have an inside scoop on when (even just which month) we should expect the Automatic Update?
Calydor
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Fri May 04, 2018 2:28 am

Calydor wrote:On that note, does anyone have an inside scoop on when (even just which month) we should expect the Automatic Update?

Nothing has been officially announced. All we have at the moment is conjecture.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Return to General Discussion