Feature request: put markers on the map

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Feature request: put markers on the map

Postby keybounce » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:42 am

I would like to put waypoints, markers, labels, or something on the map. If I find an interesting spot, I want to note it, and be able to come back to it later.

This is especially true if I come across a Gordo that I cannot feed, or someplace of interest that I want to come back to, or some other note to bring X to this location, etc.
keybounce
Plort

Re: Feature request: put markers on the map

Postby Raxel920 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:28 am

I agree, this would be very helpful. Just give us 5 markers to put on the map like in BOTW.
Raxel920
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:37 am

keybounce wrote:I would like to put waypoints, markers, labels, or something on the map. If I find an interesting spot, I want to note it, and be able to come back to it later.

This is especially true if I come across a Gordo that I cannot feed, or someplace of interest that I want to come back to, or some other note to bring X to this location, etc.

Just a note, you can mark gordos on the map already, you just need to feed it 1 point (which food is not of a shortage)
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Fishkeeper » Tue May 01, 2018 8:01 pm

I'd like a way to mark out treasure pods that I find but can't yet open, or spots that seem to frequently spawn crates. A handful of 'pins' to put in the map would be good, just a way to put a spot somewhere to note that it's important.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Thu May 03, 2018 2:13 pm

Really nice idea!
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby JadeAislin » Thu May 03, 2018 10:37 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:Just a note, you can mark gordos on the map already, you just need to feed it 1 point (which food is not of a shortage)

That only works if you have the type of food that gordo eats. Because there is only four slots, I often fill them up. There have been a few times that I have spotted a gordo, but didn't have their food type in my vac, so I went back to the ranch to unload my vac. Unfortunately, when I returned to the area, I could not remember where the gordo was.

Fishkeeper wrote:I'd like a way to mark out treasure pods that I find but can't yet open, or spots that seem to frequently spawn crates. A handful of 'pins' to put in the map would be good, just a way to put a spot somewhere to note that it's important.

I agree, the ability to mark areas I think I need to remember would be really useful.

It might also be nice to have a gadget or something that could point you in the direction of the pods. I just spent the last 1-2 hours searching the glass desert for pods. I only found 4 which leaves my total for the area 12/22. I have no idea where the others are and by the time I returned to the ranch, I was so bored from my fruitless search that I didn't feel like playing anymore for the day. Even just something that could tell me there was a pod in my general area would help.
JadeAislin
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

JadeAislin wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:Just a note, you can mark gordos on the map already, you just need to feed it 1 point (which food is not of a shortage)

That only works if you have the type of food that gordo eats. Because there is only four slots, I often fill them up. There have been a few times that I have spotted a gordo, but didn't have their food type in my vac, so I went back to the ranch to unload my vac. Unfortunately, when I returned to the area, I could not remember where the gordo was.

With the exception of the quantum and hunter gordos, there is always food nearby to feed them, or at least nodes. So not having the food with you seems a bit irrelevant there.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby GravityCat » Sun May 06, 2018 10:50 am

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
JadeAislin wrote:

With the exception of the quantum and hunter gordos, there is always food nearby to feed them, or at least nodes. So not having the food with you seems a bit irrelevant there.

Even Quantums and Hunters have food readily available. Fruit can be found throughout the Ruins and there are nests in Feral Path. There's also Spicy Tofu.

But with fruit and veg it does depend on the time of day.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Return to General Discussion