Quest For Gold Slimes, and the Hat Trick

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Quest For Gold Slimes, and the Hat Trick

Postby Thoran » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:05 am

First of all, I've been wondering, has anyone managed to get the Hat trick achievement? It seems impossible to get.

I am going to post here some "data" I've found about Gold Slimes, and potential tricks to find them more easily.

Here's what I've noticed so far: gold slimes can spawn at any day or time of the day.
Gold slimes can spawn more than once in the same day.
Gold slimes spawn in replacement for a usual slime spawn.
Triggering continuous slime spawn doesn't seem to cause Gold slime spawn (e.g. first room outside the ranch, continuously vacuum and spit pink slimes in the water)
Gold slimes will flee if fed or if you enter their eyesight.
Gold slimes cannot be vacuumed, but you can draw them to you, and they won't be able to flee.
Gold slimes can eat anything that isn't a slime (or chikadoo)
Gold slimes can spawn from boxes.
Gold slimes can eat gold plorts, will produce another gold plort.
Gold slimes can jump very, very far.
After jumping far away, gold slimes disappear. Poof!
What I've been trying to get the Hat trick achievement so far is when I find one, to suck it towards me while shooting resources at it, supposedly to get it to eat more than once, although it won't work due to the resources being thrown getting sucked right back.

So how to find gold slimes?
Well before getting there, do make sure to have access to all areas of the game, it'll make searching easier.
What I do is I run through all maps (takes about 2 minutes when fully upgraded) trying to see as much slime spawns as possible, and teleport back to the ranch. Go to sleep for the rest of the day, rinse and repeat. I get a gold slime about every 8-10 minutes this way.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Thoran on Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thoran
Chickadoo

Re: Quest For Gold Slimes, and the Hat Trick

Postby SkyKnight » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:15 am

I found one that was in the quarry near the large phosphorus slime. I think I shot mangos at it and it couldn't maneuver well among the rocks so I got a total of 4-5 gold plorts.
SkyKnight
Plort

Postby Kiba » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:34 am

What if you pull one back with you towards the ranch and into a corral?
Kiba
Rancher

Postby Thoran » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:20 pm

Right so we know it's possible to get the achievement then. Another thing I'm wondering was what happens if you feed a gold plort to a gold slime? Wanted to try that but ended up falling in the sea and losing all my gold plorts, AW
Thoran
Chickadoo

Postby SkyKnight » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:26 pm

@Kiba It will eventually disappear, don't think there's a way to keep it alive, that's also what the slimepedia says.

@Thoran I tried feeding the gold plort to all slimes there are, none some to react to it. Similarly to the water plort.
SkyKnight
Plort

Postby Thoran » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:01 pm

Tried feeding a gold plort to a gold slime, it eats it and just produces another one. I managed to get 2 shots out of one slime just earlier, it seems if you shoot it while it's "jumping out" of it's spawn spot, it won't start fleeing until it lands once! That sounds like a good clue as to how to get multiple plorts in one slime, if you're not finding one in a tight area.
Thoran
Chickadoo

Postby SkyKnight » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:04 pm

All my encounters with gold slime have been too brief to do any experimentation. But I suppose another helpful tip would be to always shot food at the gold slime in the direction of an obstacle. Once I shot a carrot at it and it rocketed into the sea. Only one plort was made that day.
SkyKnight
Plort

What's the achievement for?

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:50 pm

I'm not really able to turn on Slime Rancher right now to check.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Return to General Discussion