[SUGGESTION] *Eject all* button for vacpack

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[SUGGESTION] *Eject all* button for vacpack

Postby Teesee » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:21 am

Hey there!

I've made a search and read a few topics but haven't stumbled upon what I'd like to see in the game.

A pretty simple feature : a way to throw all of a vacpack slot content AT ONCE i.e. if I have a slot filled with 50 plorts, I'd like to be able to throw them all at once in the market instead of having to wait until the 50 are all out.

Sorry if this has already been asked for...
Teesee
Rancher

Re: [SUGGESTION] *Eject all* button for vacpack

Postby FarmerYuuma » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:52 pm

I think at some point everyone has made a post asking about this, and with even more people doing it, I'm pretty sure they will finally implement it in game.

Don't apologize for posting your suggestions, I'm pretty sure the Dev team wants to have as much feedback as posible. How else would they know??
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby MLeonhardt » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:54 pm

Having to render and calculate physics for an explosion of 50 entities at once would be a bit much for the system

What about just a way to plug the vac into the Market to pump out all your plorts without having to render them or sit there and hold the shoot button.
MLeonhardt
Rancher

Postby Teesee » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:59 pm

If not all at once, maybe an upgrade to have an automatic mode? Press once, wait until the slot is empty. Not "press until it's empty". It's not much but it would be a nice addition.

I don't feel bad for suggesting you know, it's just that on the Project Zomboid forum I've seen many reposts from people who had not checked anything before submitting, and that angers me every time XD
Teesee
Rancher

Postby LordOmega » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:50 pm

MLeonhardt wrote:Having to render and calculate physics for an explosion of 50 entities at once would be a bit much for the system

What about just a way to plug the vac into the Market to pump out all your plorts without having to render them or sit there and hold the shoot button.

that would probably be the best way to go about it if you ask me
LordOmega
Plort

Postby FarmerYuuma » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:06 am

MLeonhardt wrote:Having to render and calculate physics for an explosion of 50 entities at once would be a bit much for the system

Well I was thinking of one regular particle system and maybe a happy chime, not 50. You are right, it'd be too much!
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby blinkinn » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:21 am

maybe not an "eject all" due to aforementioned rendering / physics issues, but a sell all option for plorts and something similar for the quest items would be nice.

maybe an option to destroy everything in a given vacpac slot would be nice.
blinkinn
Rancher

Postby Teesee » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:26 am

Have you guys missed the part where I mention an auto-fire option instead of a "fire all at once" feature? ^_^
Teesee
Rancher

Postby blinkinn » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:31 am

Teesee wrote:Have you guys missed the part where I mention an auto-fire option instead of a "fire all at once" feature? ^_^

auto fire?

i am confused. you can already hold down the mouse button to rapid fire items out (i regularly use this to feed my free range slimes).
blinkinn
Rancher

Postby Teesee » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:42 am

I wrote it down : "If not all at once, maybe an upgrade to have an automatic mode? Press once, wait until the slot is empty. Not "press until it's empty"."

Yes, you can hold the button down, but that's what bothers me. I'd like a way to click just once and have all the slot thrown out even if it is one item at a time, not the whole bunch of 50 at the same time (because of the obvious computing needs mentioned above).
Teesee
Rancher

Postby FreddyReady » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:52 am

Teesee wrote:I wrote it down : "If not all at once, maybe an upgrade to have an automatic mode? Press once, wait until the slot is empty. Not "press until it's empty"."

Yes, you can hold the button down, but that's what bothers me. I'd like a way to click just once and have all the slot thrown out even if it is one item at a time, not the whole bunch of 50 at the same time (because of the obvious computing needs mentioned above).
thats not how it need to work.

You don't need to calculate or "plug" in yourself to sell that many...
You could just make them transport script wise and not phycial.
as in if the ray is on a machine you can press this button to transfer all these X units into there to get back Y money (so it limites this load off feature only to machines or things that can recive it until full if overloaded stop process and make you keep the rest)
FreddyReady
Rancher

Postby Teesee » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:13 am

Your option is also a valid one! I just wanted to suggest something that used a feature that's already in the game. But yeah, direct virtual transfer without using a physical object would remove a lot of calculation.
Teesee
Rancher

Postby Camychan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:18 am

Yeh I agree, I figure there might be a future upgrade that would allow your vac to maybe get up to 80 in each slot once the game is big enough, and then this auto-sell or destroy inventory thing would be much appreciated. I've also seen people suggest a similar feature for the corrals too, as having to pick the slimes up one by one and fire them off into the whild is a bit tedious especially with slimes that can hurt you.

Though when i think about it that way, incinerating all the slimes in the corral seems super.....horrid haha o.o..... maybe a "return to wild" button that would get rid of them...yeh that sounds better XD
Camychan
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion