Curing the Tarr

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Curing the Tarr

Postby Charliethecadet » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:35 pm

While I do not believe that curing a Tarr would ever make it to a game, it is quite an interesting thought. How do you think a Tarr would be cured, be it in a way applicable to the game, or a way that is just fascinating?
Actively attempting to acquire affluence after achieving the acquisition of Slime Rancher on April 14th, 2018.
I don't mind the 255 character limit. It's the Refinery's 999 limit that really bugs me.
Charliethecadet
Chickadoo

Re: Curing the Tarr

Postby GravityCat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:12 am

Death is the cure
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Charliethecadet » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:38 am

Can't argue with that.
Actively attempting to acquire affluence after achieving the acquisition of Slime Rancher on April 14th, 2018.
I don't mind the 255 character limit. It's the Refinery's 999 limit that really bugs me.
Charliethecadet
Chickadoo

Postby Noggy05 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Reversing time.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby CrazeePi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:41 pm

There is none because Tarr isn't a disease.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:21 pm

CrazeePi wrote:There is none because Tarr isn't a disease.

if anything it is an adaptation meant to keep slime populations under control to prevent massive populations from destroying the ecosystems in which they live and causing the slimes then to go extinct.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:41 pm

GravityCat wrote:Death is the cure

BWAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

No really, though. Think of it as a bad disease that is only cured by death.

Sorry for this dark post.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby treehugger0123 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:50 pm

ISTR reading on the wiki that Tarr return to being normal slimes when tossed into the slime sea.
treehugger0123
Rancher

Postby SlimeCrafter » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:59 pm

*Press X to doubt*
He's the biggest nerd there is, iiiiiiit's....

Mr. Moonjump!

Hehe. I used to be known as SlimeCrafter, but I grew out of that name...

I, uh... can't seem to change it. Oof.
SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Postby GravityCat » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:58 am

treehugger0123 wrote:ISTR reading on the wiki that Tarr return to being normal slimes when tossed into the slime sea.

It has never said that, as far as I know. It goes into detail about how its health is increased at night and how to destroy them and how they destroy themselves after an hour, but never how to reverse the transformation.

Their slimepedia doesn't mention a reversal to the transformation either.

The Slime Sea page might mention how it's used as transportation, but doesn't mention Tarr.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Darko » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:37 pm

Water/Slime sea = cure. BOOM Question answered
Darko
Chickadoo

Postby BlanketPI » Tue May 01, 2018 11:27 am

Twinkle, twinkle evil Tarr,
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the ranch so high,
Like a Tabby in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle evil Tarr,
How I wonder what you are.
BlanketPI
Rancher

Postby Fishkeeper » Tue May 01, 2018 7:52 pm

Filtering.
When a Tarr is dissolved by the Slime Sea, by being sprayed with water, or by running out of time and self-destructing, the components melt into the ground and seep around in the soil for awhile. Eventually, the slimes re-form and pop out of the ground, having been filtered back into plain slimes.

Or I assume.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby Charliethecadet » Wed May 02, 2018 1:51 pm

That... actually makes sense. That's my new headcanon.
Charliethecadet
Chickadoo

Postby Randomtangle » Thu May 03, 2018 6:56 am

The slime sea is not composed of water.
Fanon Story Time!
A long time ago, There were only Tarr, and Tarr came from the Tarr Pits, and the slime sea was covering the Dry Reef. Soon enough. the tectonics and moon and junk messed with the sea and made it engulf the Tarr pits. Then, the Dry Reef was raised above sea level, and the sea water mixed with the Tarr from the Tarr Pits and soon evolved into the slimes we know today. There was the Pure slime, and it mixed with the habitat in were it was created. Some pures decided not to mix and become just common slimes, The plants were nourished with primordial oil, the makeup of the slime sea, and they now feed slimes in the area special adapted foods. The rocks and everthing were covered and clumped together to make more pure slimes. All these slimes came from the tarr, so they could become tarr if they were mixed together, makeing the tarr makeup dominant to the normal slime makeup, so they became tarrs. These new Tarr, unlike the tarrs of old, were weak to water unlike there ancestors, which were actually great swimmers! These tarrs were unstable, and these unstable tarr needed to absorb more tarr material to stay alive. These tarr are the tarr we see today. The slime sea commonly sprays primorial oil (deluded mind you) on to the range. makeing new slimes emerge. Pure primordial oil can be mined, but we don't have the technology to make pure slimes. Tarr material is poisonous to humans and animals, so they get damaged.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Thu May 03, 2018 8:59 am

I thought of this a long time ago. Not that I added on to that theory above.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Tarr Backstory

Postby Randomtangle » Thu May 03, 2018 2:19 pm

Wise Scholar wrote:The slime sea is not composed of water.
A long time ago, There were only Tarr, and Tarr came from the Tarr Pits, and the slime sea was covering the Dry Reef. Soon enough. the tectonics and moon and junk messed with the sea and made it engulf the Tarr pits. Then, the Dry Reef was raised above sea level, and the sea water mixed with the Tarr from the Tarr Pits and soon evolved into the slimes we know today. There was the Pure slime, and it mixed with the habitat in were it was created. Some pures decided not to mix and become just common slimes, The plants were nourished with primordial oil, the makeup of the slime sea, and they now feed slimes in the area special adapted foods. The rocks and everthing were covered and clumped together to make more pure slimes. All these slimes came from the tarr, so they could become tarr if they were mixed together, makeing the tarr makeup dominant to the normal slime makeup, so they became tarrs. These new Tarr, unlike the tarrs of old, were weak to water unlike there ancestors, which were actually great swimmers! These tarrs were unstable, and these unstable tarr needed to absorb more tarr material to stay alive. These tarr are the tarr we see today. The slime sea commonly sprays primorial oil (deluded mind you) on to the range. makeing new slimes emerge. Pure primordial oil can be mined, but we don't have the technology to make pure slimes. Tarr material is poisonous to humans and animals, so they get damaged.

This was
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM