Feature Suggestion: Free-Standing Plort Collector

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Feature Suggestion: Free-Standing Plort Collector

Postby imaginamagica » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly late-game for the currently-existing content (as of 0.2.4), and have purchased both of the ranch expansion areas. Both are kind of advertised to be used as "Free-range" style areas, so that's what I'm doing. However, I've found that collecting plorts from these areas can be really annoying, especially in the case of Overgrowth because of all the grass. It would be really nice if we could build a free-standing plort collector of some kind, or maybe a plort vaccum upgrade for the silo's progression tree.

(Side Note: Filling the grotto with Honey-Phosphor Largos and Mint Mango plots is freaking OP. I'm rolling in moneys and the place is flooded with plorts!)

Just your friendly neighborhood game designer.
imaginamagica
Rancher

Re: Feature Suggestion: Free-Standing Plort Collector

Postby Enthusiac » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:19 pm

I'd actually like this idea.

I really like having my slimes roam free, but I feel that it's a bit diffcult to clean up afterwards due to the environment itself.

Aside from that, there could easily be other free-standing objects that could be placeable within the Free-Range areas... Though would they pretty much have spots already chosen to build such items, or would it be freely placed by the Player?
Bleh.
Enthusiac
Chickadoo

Location: Joyfully frolicking with several other Tarr in a circle

Postby FarmerYuuma » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:09 am

Yes please. The only reason I keep them in corrals is because collecting the plorts is a pain, but if this was implemented, all my slimes would be free slimes
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby blinkinn » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:58 am

i would prefer the silo upgrade idea.

i like free range slime ranching myself and it is incredible obnoxious when largos keep clogging up my vacpac as i try to collect my profits.
blinkinn
Rancher

Return to General Discussion