Slime key?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Slime key?

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:57 pm

I am the most confused about this.

I'd no idea what to do for the longest time, and so I came here. Turns out my logic was right, I was supposed to feed the huge tabby slime, so I fed it all my chickens. ALL MY CHICKENS.

Well, I sucked up everything it exploded into (including all the tabby slimes) and no slime key. None.

Stepped on the portal by accident, as it goes.

Checked a few more times, went to the place where you need to put the key in and tried everything, and nada. Zip. Zilch. Nothing.

Will someone tell me what I did wrong? I would really like to progress.

(Great game, by the way. In love with it.)
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Re: Slime key?

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:00 pm

The Tabby Gordo only gives you the teleporter back home. You have to pop the Pink Gordo or Phosphor Gordo to get a key. Check out the coast more.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:02 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:The Tabby Gordo only gives you the teleporter back home. You have to pop the Pink Gordo or Phosphor Gordo to get a key. Check out the coast more.

Oh! Thanks. Sorry, only started playing pretty recently, haha.
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby FarmerYuuma » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:05 pm

I think this post is actually important, because the same thing happened to me too.

On the subjects of first discovering you need to feed the Gordos and what you ll get in exchange, I think the game needs more explanation. Maybe a letter hinting it or something.
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby MLeonhardt » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:08 pm

FarmerYuuma wrote:I think this post is actually important, because the same thing happened to me too.

On the subjects of first discovering you need to feed the Gordos and what you ll get in exchange, I think the game needs more explanation. Maybe a letter hinting it or something.

They already open their mouths whenever you get near them. And the player can only do one of two things to slimes, suck them up or shoot food at them. You can't suck up Gordos, so that only leaves the one option.

You don't need a tutorial for something that can be figured out in 2 seconds.
MLeonhardt
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:12 pm

MLeonhardt wrote:You don't need a tutorial for something that can be figured out in 2 seconds.

Except clearly not everyone figures this out "in 2 seconds", or else this thread wouldn't have happened. There's a tutorial on how to use the WASD keys to move; I don't think it's too unreasonable to have something pop up to tell you that it's a Gordo and suggest you feed it.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Heather » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:41 pm

No question is too silly, and friendly suggestions should never be discouraged.
Sometimes we forget that players of all ages enjoy the game, and discussing it here as well. Ages aren't displayed in posts... so you never know Image
What may seem obvious to one may be far from it to another. There's nothing wrong with that.

asdfghjklinkin wrote:
Pigcatapult wrote:The Tabby Gordo only gives you the teleporter back home. You have to pop the Pink Gordo or Phosphor Gordo to get a key. Check out the coast more.

Oh! Thanks. Sorry, only started playing pretty recently, haha.

Welcome to the community asdfghjklinkin! What a screen name! :)
I'm glad to see your question has been answered! We hope you enjoy your time with us.
Heather
Admin

Return to General Discussion