Suggestion: Flower/Floral Slimes

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Suggestion: Flower/Floral Slimes

Postby Kaite20 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:00 am

If we have night-exclusive slimes, how about a couple of day-exclusive ones? Maybe they are Flower Slimes, or some sort of other plant slime that can only live with the sun. This would require a corral expansion too, like solar lights, if they were to live in dark areas like the grottoes.

EDIT: Love the idea for Flower Slimes, so that's what I'm going with for now. I added a brief description of what they may be like.

Name: Flower/Floral Slimes

Appearance: Light green slimes with flowers on top of their heads. The flower varies by location.

Location: Just about anywhere, as long as there is light. Day-time exclusive.

Diet: Water

Possible Slimeology: A plant/slime hybrid, these slimes will grow anywhere from a special type of flowering plant where the sunlight hits just right. The flower accessory they don is the same breed as the flower they grow from, and varies by region. Try to collect all the different types!

Possible Plortonomics: The plorts from these slimes are often used for perfumes, body cleansers, and as a condiment for salads and tea, depending on the flower of the plort's owner.

Other information:

-These slimes fall asleep in dark conditions. Solar lights will have to be used to keep them awake.

-Cacti Slimes show up in dry areas, and can roll to attack just like the Rock Slimes.

-Lotus Slimes show up in wet areas, and have to live in ponds instead.
Last edited by Kaite20 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Kaite20
Rancher

Re: Gameplay Mechanic Suggestion: Day-Exclusive Slimes

Postby Kaite20 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:16 am

Maybe the Largos can persist in night and day, but the plorts vary by the lighting. It only produces Phosphor in darkness, and Flower in light. In order to keep both, maybe both the solar lights AND the solar protection would have to be used in the same corral.
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby clmurphy74 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:33 am

The current Largo's made from phosphor slimes disappear in the day, no matter which other slime they are made with. So why change that in a day exclusive slime?
clmurphy74
Rancher

Postby FarmerYuuma » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:44 am

I like the idea of a flower slime. I imagine they would spawn on a unique type of flower during day time, and the flower would close on night time so they would stop appearing.

I don't think they'd dissapear during night time but sleep, so they wouldn't eat and wouldn't poop.

For the food, I think they'd need just water, since they already absorb the sun while awake.
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:10 am

clmurphy74 wrote:The current Largo's made from phosphor slimes disappear in the day, no matter which other slime they are made with. So why change that in a day exclusive slime?

Good point... hmm... combined with the suggestion below, maybe their schedules reverse. With that, this means these Largos would be rarer than the others.

FarmerYuuma wrote:I like the idea of a flower slime. I imagine they would spawn on a unique type of flower during day time, and the flower would close on night time so they would stop appearing.

I don't think they'd disapear during night time but sleep, so they wouldn't eat and wouldn't poop.

For the food, I think they'd need just water, since they already absorb the sun while awake.

Great idea! I was thinking they donned flowers myself, and said flower they wear closes when they go to sleep too.
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:29 am

Added information about these flower slimes in this blog's first post as an edit. I hope you guys like this idea too, and help expand upon it!
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:20 pm

This is fairly similar in concept to a number of previous fan slimes (one is in my sig), but yours sound extremely cute, and I want a gardenful of them on my ranch.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:30 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:This is fairly similar in concept to a number of previous fan slimes (one is in my sig), but yours sound extremely cute, and I want a gardenful of them on my ranch.

Yeah, I figured as such; I've seen a few plant-based slimes around the forums. I just wanted to try to put my own spin on it... with the help of others, of course.
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby Hachiseiko » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:03 am

I drew your slimes just as I was asked C: I hope you like them!

PM me if you want a bigger version of this picture! (It's actually huge... And they can be separated from each other...)

They're also in my own forum thread!

All my latest slime art!
A base to make your own slimes!

Want to use any of my art?
That's fine! But ask me first! ;D

I'm not very active but PM me and I'll get an e-mail and I'll reply!
Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby SpiralRancher » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:20 am

Nailed it. Could definitely see this in the game.
SpiralRancher
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:49 am

Awesome job, Hachiseiko! This was very close to how I imagined them, and I love how you made a cactus slime too! I could see lotus slimes appearing in more damp areas too.
Kaite20
Rancher

Re: Suggestion: Flower/Floral Slimes

Postby Kaite20 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Edit: Updated the post title and added a couple of new details.
Kaite20
Rancher

Re: Suggestion: Flower/Floral Slimes

Postby Ninjazosia » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:19 am

It sounds like if you can't capture them asleep, which maybe you can and I missed that, they should burrow into the ground so just their flowers show, with the possible exception of the Cactus.
What's Krakalacken? -Octoslime

Liscensed 7Zee Corp Slimeobiologist
http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1595
Ninjazosia
Rancher

Location: Interuniversal Research Station Delta, Location Classified

Return to Slime Design