AdamKenney's feedback

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

AdamKenney's feedback

Postby AdamKenney » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:47 am

I finally got a chance to dabble with the game a little bit. I noticed a couple of issues right away that I had trouble reporting using F2. Forgive me if these have already been reported! Here's what I saw:

- Bugginess with external monitor. I use a MacBook Pro with an external screen. Usually I play games on the external monitor.
--- Bug #1: I moved the game window into my external screen, then I tried to switch it to fullscreen, but it mostly filled my monitor with blank white. The game itself occupied only the lower left corner of my monitor.
--- Bug #2: I stopped trying to go fullscreen and had the game in window mode (rather than fullscreen). But when I pressed "play" from the main menu, it also immediately switched to fullscreen, yielding the same ugliness mentioned above. I'm not sure why it didn't stay in window mode?

- I couldn't load a game that I had saved from the first beta - maybe this was intentional? It showed the game in the list, but it gave me a file format error when I tried to load it.
Attachments
slime rancher.png
slime rancher.png (139.95 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
AdamKenney
Plort

Re: AdamKenney's feedback

Postby JustTheCoolDude » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:55 am

Fullscreen and external screens don't really like each other I've noticed :P
Perhaps the game is using the resolution of your internal screen? (Dunno how big your screen is)
I'll try on windows with a second screen.

I guess an update changed what format the save's are supposed to have. Might be a quick manual fix or an impossible pain in the arse :L

-edit
There are some programs made to display a fullscreen game on a secondary screen.
maybe via one of those it will work? who knows :P
Random thing i found >http://www.ohadsoft.com/2014/01/introducing-tvgamelauncher/
/\ May or may not actually be "cool" :L
JustTheCoolDude
Plort

Return to General Discussion