[Suggestions] What I'd like to see in future upgrades

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestions] What I'd like to see in future upgrades

Postby FarmerYuuma » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:46 am

I've enjoyed what the game has to offer so far a lot and, while playing, I thought of some suggestions I think would make the game even more enjoyable or fluid.

I want to be able to carry more stuff in my inventory/more slots: while hunting for Puddle, Honey and Boom, my inventory was already filled 3/4 just by carrying them. I also needed water and mint mangos, but had only one slot left so I got mangos and headed back to the farm.
Once in the farm I dropped all my slimes and planted the mangos. But then I had to go back to get the water and it kind of interrupted the "progressing on the farm" flow I was looking for.
The same happens whenever I'm trying to get different types of fruits and veggies and hens, etc.
It also makes it difficult to hunt the gold slime. I understand it is rare and fast, but having it between my reach and yet not being able to grab it because my inventory is full of hens and other slimes is pretty frustrating.

I also want to be able to carry more of each thing in my inventory, but I'm sure that's already something the DEV team was planning on doing.

I want to be able to carry Largos / I want to be able to dispose of Largos easily: To maximize profit, when I was starting, I had my 4 corrals full of Pink Rocks. When I discovered Tabby, I wanted Rock Tabby instead, but I couldn't carry my Pink Rocks to another zone easily and had to dispose of them instead. I had to suck all Pink Rocks one by one and throw them into the sea, which took 2 in game days, which was a lot of wasted time.
When I wanted to have Honey Booms, the same thing happened. I ended up creating Tarrs and waited until everything was dead.
If I could carry Largos, I'd be able to easily move them to some other zone like the Cave or the Wild. Or to throw them into the sea or the incinerator to properly get rid of them, instead of using Tarrs and crossing my fingers so they don't destroy everything.

I want to shoot and suck in faster: This one is pretty simple. I want to be able to collect and throw faster so I don't have to stay still for 2 minutes while feeding or collecting plorts.

I want gardens to produce more

I want gardens to have their own "plort(fruit/veggie)" collector

I want the plorts to be automatically collected and sent to the Silo so I can just go to the silo and get them instead of having to go corral by corral sucking them in one by one.

I want the corrals to tell me how many Slimes they have inside and what kind they are: Similar to the inventory, I imagine a sign with the drawing of the slimes and the number under it.

I want the corrals to have explosion protection so I can walk between them without being hurt all the time or sent flying somewhere else: "Hard" walls that keep the explosions inside -which I guess would be deactivating the collision while the visual effect is still active.

I want the corridors between corrals to be bigger so I dont hit a wall or go into another corral while trying to collect plorts, slimes, etc: I back up to be able to see properly when I'm collecting but I keep hitting a wall or getting stuck on rocks and it messes up the camera, the plorts and slimes go everywhere and Tarrs happen.

I want the zones to be more spacious in general: The zones look big, but whenever slimes start spawning, and chickens, and Largos, everything gets crowded. It makes it harder to see, harder to walk or fly, harder to collect and also ends up in Tarrs all the time. I'd suggest making all the maps slightly bigger to prevent this.

I want to be able to fast travel between my own domains: This is my own personal opinion, but I dislike those empty corridors between zones. I dislike that they are not useful space and I also dislike having to walk/fly trough them every time. I would rather pay for an expensive upgrade that opens a teleport than walk everytime.

I want the cave zone to be brighter: I know it s supposed to be dark to protect light sensitive slimes, but it's really hard to see. I would suggest adding blue "american night" lights. It would make it easier to see while still looking like it s not sunny.

All my suggestions, except the structural ones (like the bigger zones one), are meant to be for upgrades. I do like how the basics are in the game currently.

One a side note, I would like to apologize for the "I want" that repeats everytime. I'm still learning English and I wasnt sure how to explain it properly.
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Re: [Suggestions] What I'd like to see in future upgrades

Postby Heather » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:49 am

Welcome to our community FarmerYuuma!
Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us, I think your English is great!
Heather
Admin

Re: [Suggestions] What I'd like to see in future upgrades

Postby kynaru » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:50 am

I agree with most of what Yuuma said, the only thing I would like to see really is the jetpack to be less sluggish and the idea that you could just connect your vacuum to the plort collector/silo/market/trade and will automatically take or give your items pending on variables.

example. you go to your plort collector, it has 100 plorts so you attach your gun ghostbuster style with a nice little coupling animation and whatever your max holding cap is, that number of plorts get transfered to your pack in a much shorter time than sucking them out the current way, maybe have a nice little progress bar getting filled as it progresses. then you can go to your market and couple with that and transfer the plorts similar to collecting them from the collector.

I would want this as an upgrade, right now I have WAY too much money with nothing to spend it on. and I am all for making things upgrades. working towards meaningful upgrades is rewarding and fun.
kynaru
Plort

Return to General Discussion