How to Unlock Refinery Link

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

How to Unlock Refinery Link

Postby treehugger0123 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:39 pm

According to the Wiki, you buy the Refinery Link from the shop. However, I don't see it listed there, nor do I see it in the fabricator(so it's not like I bought it and forgot).

Normally, I'd think I'd have to get further in the game, but I have pretty much nothing else I can do to progress.

Ranch--Everything's unlocked
Gadgets--Enough to unlock the third pod unlocker
Slime Gates--All unlocked, including Vaults
Treasure Pods--All unlocked, including Vaults
7Zee--Just bought the last level
Starmail--Read every one
Overall progress--Credits have rolled

What am I missing?
treehugger0123
Rancher

Re: How to Unlock Refinery Link

Postby GravityCat » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 pm

Thank you for bringing this up. I'm gonna plough through the game to see if I can get it to unlock, and update that page with the requirements. You made no mention of Gordos so I'll pop all the wild ones first with The Lab unlocked to see if they're a requirement.

Of course, I will also let you know.

Edit: You automatically unlock it almost immediately after bursting 13 Gordos. I was able to unlock it after bursting all of the Gordos on the mainland and had yet to get to The Glass Desert. I presume you can use Snared Gordos to count towards the requirement as well.

At some point I will take more time to see what unlocks at what Gordo count for that page, but I have work tomorrow and I need sleep.
Last edited by GravityCat on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby treehugger0123 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:50 pm

GravityCat wrote:Thank you for bringing this up. I'm gonna plough through the game to see if I can get it to unlock, and update that page with the requirements. You made no mention of Gordos so I'll pop all the wild ones first with The Lab unlocked to see if they're a requirement.

Of course, I will also let you know.

Edit: You automatically unlock it almost immediately after bursting 13 Gordos. I was able to unlock it after bursting all of the Gordos on the mainland and had yet to get to The Glass Desert. I presume you can use Snared Gordos to count towards the requirement as well.

At some point I will take more time to see what unlocks at what Gordo count for that page, but I have work tomorrow and I need sleep.

I made no mention of Gordos because I didn't think they'd be a potential factor. Not only did I pop every Gordo on the map, Glass Desert included, but I've used several Gordo Snares as I was trying to craft enough gadgets to get the third pod unlocker.
treehugger0123
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:51 pm

How old is your save file?

I forgot to mention as I was bursting gordos I was also purchasing the blueprints. Have you bought all of the blueprints from the builder's shop? (I ask this because certain vacpack upgrades require a specific upgrade to be purchased before it unlocks 2-3 days later)
The1AndOnlyMike

GravityCat
Rancher

Postby treehugger0123 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:23 pm

GravityCat wrote:How old is your save file?

I forgot to mention as I was bursting gordos I was also purchasing the blueprints. Have you bought all of the blueprints from the builder's shop? (I ask this because certain vacpack upgrades require a specific upgrade to be purchased before it unlocks 2-3 days later)

I have the latest version of the game if that's what you're asking, but IDK how long I've been playing this file.

As for blueprints, no I don't. I only purchased the handful I knew I needed--the level 2 pump and drill, pink colored blueprints, hydro turret, slimeball hoop, and fashion pod remover all have yet to be purchased. Since I just dumped all of my money into the last 7Zee rewards club level, it'll be a while before I can buy them all, but I'll buy them as I can and we'll see what happens.

EDIT: Hmm, purchasing the Pink Teleporter seems to have unlocked the Butterscotch one(at least I'm assuming it was buying the teleporter that did that), so you might be on to something.
treehugger0123
Rancher

Postby treehugger0123 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Mystery solved. Once I purchased all of the original blueprints and the unlocked butterscotch/blue/grey ones, the next day the Refinery Link finally unlocked for purchase. Only remaining question is if it's just blueprints from the shop that you need to buy, or if you need every other blueprint from treasure pods as well.

EDIT: OK, the Grey Lamp just unlocked, so maybe it's just all of the teleporter or curio blueprints.
treehugger0123
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:00 am

Teleporters make sense since they're in the same category (warp tech).

Edit: I'm on another save, and I may be completely wrong about the unlock requirements. I bought the Advanced Extractors and it unlocked the day after. Burst no Gordos. This may require more testing.

Double edit: Third time testing and it unlocked only after buying all three Advanced Extractors, and a day after buying the final one. I think that may be the true requirement.

Triple edit: It is. Another user confirmed it. I feel dumb.
The1AndOnlyMike

GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Fishkeeper » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:18 pm

Good to know for future use, Refingery Link is one of my favorite items in the game. So useful!
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby SupaGamaBoi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:24 am

treehugger0123 wrote:According to the Wiki, you buy the Refinery Link from the shop. However, I don't see it listed there, nor do I see it in the fabricator(so it's not like I bought it and forgot).

Normally, I'd think I'd have to get further in the game, but I have pretty much nothing else I can do to progress.

Starmail--Read every one

What am I missing?

No idea. I have it unlocked, and clearly my progress is behind yours. I’ve beaten the game, but I don’t have the third pod unlocker or all the Treasure Pods and Vaults. Nor the final 7Zee.
Dank SupaGamaBoi wrote:
I EAT THE MEMES
I DRINK THE MEMES
WITHOUT MEMES I WILL DIE

BEWARE THE MAN WHO SPEAKS IN HANDS
LOOK AT THAT NOOB GO
SupaGamaBoi
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:29 pm

SupaGamaBoi wrote:
treehugger0123 wrote:According to the Wiki, you buy the Refinery Link from the shop. However, I don't see it listed there, nor do I see it in the fabricator(so it's not like I bought it and forgot).

Starmail--Read every one

What am I missing?

No idea. I have it unlocked, and clearly my progress is behind yours. I’ve beaten the game, but I don’t have the third pod unlocker or all the Treasure Pods and Vaults. Nor the final 7Zee.

With Emerald's help (or rather he got the correct requirements while I was being a dumbass), I already established in this thread that you need all three Advanced Extractors bought from the Blueprints shop at The Lab, and the Refinery Link unlocks a day after the last one has been purchased.

Note that each Advanced blueprint unlocks 5 days after acquiring their Novice variants; for the Drill this happens automatically as the Novice Drill blueprint is automatically unlocked on purchase of The Lab.
The1AndOnlyMike

GravityCat
Rancher

Return to General Discussion