Enjoying the game, but...

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Enjoying the game, but...

Postby finderr » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:29 am

So I saw literally 5 minutes of game play and wanted to play. If I wasn't youtube browsing, I probably would have never heard or seen of this game. As I bought it and played I was psyched to get started, and efficiently completed everything in 6h . I have every slime in bunches of 10s in their corrals, enough farms to keep them fed, coops and silos, all the goro's fed, and explored areas that i probably should have been yet, and with all upgrades. I took my time and accumulated 20k coins. I enjoyed every moment but now I'm left with nothing. I do indeed know this is very early access, and more than i could ask for. But I'm really hoping it continues, the last two early access games i bought have not gone anywhere in like 3 years. Aka folktale, a quirky RTS, and cubeworld, {trove cloned this game} and they have barely moved. I feel the plorts, should be used more in something else too, besides making hybrid breeds, such as certain plorts to help build things, selling them only seems kind of , I'm not sure, just needs more to it. And maybe puzzles for special things, or rare things, secret places possibly? Goro keys was fine to get to new areas. I know this is kind of a micro-manage game, but from what i've seen, micro alone doesn't get far and they end up making re-runs of themselves in newer versions, or become one of those "DLC" for only content types. I love variety and collecting everything I can in a game, but that can't be just the game itself can it? I'm not sure, but I can say this was a very fun and enjoyable game, and I hope to see it grow.

Aaaaaand sorry for the wall of text ;D
finderr
Plort

Re: Enjoying the game, but...

Postby Wholan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:18 am

As it is, this is all it has to offer. Keep in mind that the developers didn't expect this much attention, and now they're at the center of the eye of the Internet.

I think the development process will speed up as they hire new people, and therefore create a lot of content.
Sorry for typos!
my slimes: click
Wholan
Rancher

Re: Enjoying the game, but...

Postby Heather » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:39 am

Welcome to our community finderr!
Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it.
Find out more about future content in our Dev Roadmap :)
Heather
Admin

Return to General Discussion