VR Slime Rancher

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

VR Slime Rancher

Postby TheMadFox » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:56 am

I'm sure this has been brought up before but seeing as I haven't been active on the forums in months I'd still like to entertain the idea.How about Slime Rancher VR? I understand that it could potentially require massive work arounds on the programming side of things, but imagine, just seeing those cute little puddle slimes up close. Looking around the range with your own eyes. Those amazing visual fx would become even more amazing. If their is a plan or at least a consideration for development of a VR mode, I would like to suggest that there are two types, one for headsets only, and one for the full kit (controllers and all that jazz). As for movement, I'd say take a page out of 'Orbus VR''s book but I'm sure other games have done it as well, implementing both the teleport and locomotion movements.

Again I know this has probably already been brought up before but I still like the idea, despite the possibility it will never exist due to coding issues and stuff. Or simply because that's not what Monomi Park is trying to achieve with Slime Rancher. Thanks for reading.
This Fox will devour all in sight, better watch out....
TheMadFox
Chickadoo

Re: VR Slime Rancher

Postby JCUnown » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 am

I want this so bad.
Remember kids, don't fall for Chick-fil-A's devious ad campaign. Don't support chicken genocide.

Don't be like BOb.
JCUnown
Chickadoo

Re: VR Slime Rancher

Postby ILoveTurtles891 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:08 am

TheMadFox wrote:I'm sure this has been brought up before but seeing as I haven't been active on the forums in months I'd still like to entertain the idea.How about Slime Rancher VR? I understand that it could potentially require massive work arounds on the programming side of things, but imagine, just seeing those cute little puddle slimes up close. Looking around the range with your own eyes. Those amazing visual fx would become even more amazing. If their is a plan or at least a consideration for development of a VR mode, I would like to suggest that there are two types, one for headsets only, and one for the full kit (controllers and all that jazz). As for movement, I'd say take a page out of 'Orbus VR''s book but I'm sure other games have done it as well, implementing both the teleport and locomotion movements.

Again I know this has probably already been brought up before but I still like the idea, despite the possibility it will never exist due to coding issues and stuff. Or simply because that's not what Monomi Park is trying to achieve with Slime Rancher. Thanks for reading.

make them only to move normally not to teleport. if you press the left trigger, you will go forward. if you want to go backward just turn around. to jump you will press or hold the right trigger. to sprint, you will press the left trigger twice.
and that is it from me
-Sam Vlasenko (real name)
if you see this, you cannot see the other one
if you see this, you cannot see the other one
ILoveTurtles891
Rancher

Location: stuck is in the glass desert, finding my 18 gilded ginger

Return to General Discussion