[Suggestion] Special Names for Largos

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] Special Names for Largos

Postby glinkBobby » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:55 pm

When a largo is created, it's usually called an X Y Largo, X and Y being the names of the slimes that it was made from. What if some largos had special names, like Rocky slime + Honey slime makes "Rock Candy Largo", or Phosphor + Honey makes "Bumblebee Largo".

I know Largos don't drop any different special plorts, but the name flavors would be cool, and I find it would look less clumsy than Name Second Name Largo.
SharingFisUcaringC<3KMeow
glinkBobby
Rancher

Re: [Suggestion] Special Names for Largos

Postby Kaite20 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:37 am

I was about to suggest this myself... but if this doesn't get implemented, I'll just stick to nicknaming them myself.

I've nicknamed the Boom Rock Largos along the lines of Magma Largo because of their appearance, but Honey Phosphorus should be Honeybee Largos for the sake of pun. Rock Candy is a good punny name too~
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby FarmerYuuma » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:50 am

I really like the idea because it s cute but on the other hand
I think it would make everything more complicated.

Even if it "bumbleebe largo" sounds way cuter than Phospor Honey, it adds a lot of new names to remember, and I don't think that'd be good for the game.
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:12 am

FarmerYuuma wrote:I really like the idea because it s cute but on the other hand
I think it would make everything more complicated.

Even if it "bumbleebe largo" sounds way cuter than Phospor Honey, it adds a lot of new names to remember, and I don't think that'd be good for the game.

Good point. They could serve as fan nicknames, but for the game itself, that may not be the best way to deal with them.
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby pixeledbrain » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:17 am

Yeah i agree, maybe there would be way too many names to remember. Im saying that but i know the names and typing of all 721 pokemon, and a lot of their moves, and stats, so i guess eventually it would be ok. Maybe if there was an ingame table on the slimepedia, so people could easily check each largo's name and what slimes they are made up of.

Im bored so i made this so you guys have an idea of what im referring to, here. So just have that in the slimepedia, and of course, clearer, with actual images of the largos, better layout and colors, font and so on, but its just so you guys get an idea.

(used a link instead of inserting image because it took too much space and it looked bad :D)
Feel free to add me on Steam if you want to discuss something!

I hope you all have a nice day. ~ Pixel
pixeledbrain
Rancher

Postby CaptainTango » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:03 pm

I think as long as the names made sense )like those suggested) it should be fine. but only if the largos got listed in your slimepedia once you breed them yourselves. it would add a nice little extra thing to work for. (as pixeledbrain said).

The current system makes it easy to find a wild one, check their diet, and choose whether or not you want to ranch them yourselves. There's nothing wrong with that ease, especially not this early in development, but in a finished game I would love to see that extra bit of intrigue, that extra little completionist thing to work for. Simpler games like this NEED those silly little collections to keep the game play going.
CaptainTango
Plort

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:37 pm

I like the current system, at least with the names. Rock Honey Largo is exactly what it should be called when it's a mix between a rock and honey slime. Imo.

However, a few of you brought up a great point! If the Tarr is in the slimepedia, the Largo should be there too. I think after all the slime and before the Tarr.

Edit: After thinking about this for a while, Phospurr/Phosfur is such a cute name for a Phosphor Tabby slime.
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby FarmerYuuma » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:46 am

If the Tarr is in the slimepedia, the Largo should be there too. I think after all the slime and before the Tarr.

Definetly.
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Return to General Discussion