Warps : What good when you have other links?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Warps : What good when you have other links?

Postby Monkeychow01 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:06 am

Question on Warps for anyone.

Once you have the Refinery link and the Market link, what good are warps?

Early game...sure. You don't have enough resources for refinery links and market links to make it easy to transport what you need back to your farm. But very quickly you can get the resources needed for the links, and I'm trying to figure out what use the Warps are at that point?

Anyone have any other uses (yes could be silos, but I have full silos too of everything).
Monkeychow01
Chickadoo

Re: Warps : What good when you have other links?

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:09 pm

Refinery and market links are good, but warps must be used to move from area to area for efficient resource harvesting.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Monkeychow01 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Can you elaborate? What resources are you using in different areas that you can't just use a refinery and market for?
Monkeychow01
Chickadoo

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:54 pm

warp pads for me are mainly used to streamline my routines and knit areas closer together. i have a set of 3 for each of the extractors so i can harvest them roughly at the same time so they'll be ready at the same time for the next round. and a similar setup in the glass desert for those resources, coupled with refinery links, to collect from all extractors in one lap. also doubling to make it easy to get home from any part of the desert. plus just typical quick-access to areas if i ever need to pop in for some resources for the range exchange or overhauling my ranch. got a pair connecting my main ranch to the ruins for echo collection, another connecting the end of the moss blanket to the end of the indigo quarry; which has been vital to my rounds for collecting the slime ornaments, easily getting over 20 per in-game day and still getting Bea to bed at a decent hour for the next day. not to mention its usefulness for farming gold plorts. i've gotten over 50 just from them happening to run into food on their own. half the time i don't even bother with them since i already have my refinery full on them. then a gold warp just to make things a bit easier to get back up from the end part of the desert to streamline my ginger runs a bit. and lastly a couple to stitch my ranch a bit tighter for my non-holiday routine. my warp depots are either mini-silos for the sake of hoarding resources that didn't quite need a whole silo, or otherwise utilized to bring all excess food to my mass of pink slimes at the retreat. my ranch setup depends on the use of market/refinery links, as well as warp pads/depots.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:47 am

Monkeychow01 wrote:Can you elaborate? What resources are you using in different areas that you can't just use a refinery and market for?

Area-specific resources such as honey, indigonium and spiral steam.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:59 am

And gilded gingers
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Monkeychow01 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:42 am

Cool deal. I get the extra "transport". I recently ran into the same thing where I'm trying to finish putting 100 roosteros into a silo on Ogden's farm, but didn't feel like warping back and forth there - so hence warp. Or just an extra spot to collect like Guilded Gingers, or bringing MORE food for slimes. That makes them worth it for that reason :)

Wasn't thinking past doing it for just harvesting purposes - since you can very easily buy Refineries and Markets and put them everywhere.

Thanks everyone!
Monkeychow01
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion