coral full of slimes deleted in the overgrowth

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

coral full of slimes deleted in the overgrowth

Postby rabbitslime » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:07 pm

I don't know if this idea has been given already...

I once had a crazy idea of unleashing a tarr-apocalypse to myself, it was so ridiculously large that my game lagged, I had trouble cleaning it up anyways. All I did was fill a coral with different slimes by the hundreds...

It was like 100 pink slimes, 100 tabby slimes, 100 phosphor slimes and 100 rock slimes. This was plus about 20 hunter slimes.

At first there was no tarr, all the slimes were enjoying the food everywhere when I deleted the coral, releasing an entire slime flood into the overgrowth. Soon largos appeared. When these largos ate, their plorts were eaten by other slimes instead of other largos. Only when the concentration of largos rise did the tarr appear. I think that was from 33% to 50% of all slimes being largos. At first there were still lots of them that the tarr seems minuscule compared to the 400+ slimes around. Then I had to deal with 300+ tarr, which I had a pond to restock should I run out of water.
All this time my computer was suffering from GPU induced lag. From when I deleted the coral to having the tarr below 50.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Re: coral full of slimes deleted in the overgrowth

Postby GravityCat » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:01 pm

I've done something very similar, except I didn't use corrals. I made a blog about the time I did that.
You can read it here if you're interested.

Basically I had tons of free range Pink Tangles to clear out some hens stuck under the stairs, because some free range Pink Tabbies tried getting to them and couldn't and kept blocking the way out. Then Tarr'd them and GIF'd the chaos.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby rabbitslime » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Basically what you did is free range pink tangle largos. Then you cleaned the mess by making a tarr invasion, then you'd replace pink tabby largos in there.

At first, I did not give any input to convert the slimes into tarr. I just broke the number 1 rule of letting more than 2 slimes free range in the same area, corralled or not. All I did was fill a coral with different slimes then deleted the coral and let them roam in the overgrowth. I then cleared up the resulting mess. I was planning to do it again with a larger batch. 100 of each from pink all the way to the honey-rad-boom line. After I have finished the Z rewards club, its takes a long time getting to rank 28 if you only ranch 4 largo types.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby TheLevens » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:10 pm

I put a bunch of plorts in a coral once. Here on Xbox one it really lagged my game.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/THE%20LEVENS/video/41339566
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:39 am

TheLevens wrote:I put a bunch of plorts in a coral once. Here on Xbox one it really lagged my game.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/THE%20LEVENS/video/41339566

I started storing excess Wild Honey into an empty corral just like this.

Will have to do the same with other Slime Science Resources eventually. If the lag gets too much I will have to purge them all.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Return to General Discussion