Keeping Boom Slimes near other corrals?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Keeping Boom Slimes near other corrals?

Postby Fredrickson » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Hey there,

So... Boom slimes, as you probably know, have the ability to send stuff flying with their explosions. That also includes their own plorts, as I've seen them lying outside of their respective corrals.
My question is: Is it possible for those plorts to enter different corrals? Do I need to move the boom slimes further away from the others to ensure no Tarrs to appear on my farm?

Thanks for any advice you can give.
Fredrickson
Plort

Re: Keeping Boom Slimes near other corrals?

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:43 pm

It should be fine as long as all of them have roofs and you keep them well fed.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby rabbitslime » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Far as I'm aware, I've never seen or heard of such an incidence. The reason why food and plorts fly through their corals is because of the air net. Its not finely designed as one can see 4 narrow slits along the upper edges of the corals, in-between the coral walls and air net. With those slits, stuff can slip when tossed by a boom explosion. Such a case can occur if a boom largo/slime explodes just after eating, or if it explodes when your tossing food to them. To be safe, try placing your boom slimes away from other slimes, especially tangle based ones. I would recommend the ranch, I only had 5 slime species, and boom-dervish is one of them, they're located near the path to the lab.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:40 pm

Booms do have a slim chance of causing tarr due to their explosions though this normally requires a few to explode at once. Better safe than sorry though
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Fredrickson » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:00 am

rabbitslime wrote:Far as I'm aware, I've never seen or heard of such an incidence. The reason why food and plorts fly through their corals is because of the air net. Its not finely designed as one can see 4 narrow slits along the upper edges of the corals, in-between the coral walls and air net. With those slits, stuff can slip when tossed by a boom explosion. Such a case can occur if a boom largo/slime explodes just after eating, or if it explodes when your tossing food to them. To be safe, try placing your boom slimes away from other slimes, especially tangle based ones. I would recommend the ranch, I only had 5 slime species, and boom-dervish is one of them, they're located near the path to the lab.

Yeah, well... I already went through the drama of having tangle and boom slimes near eachother... I moved the tangle ones to a different area after that, however, it still got me thinking about other potential threats and so I thought about the boom slimes... I would move them away if I have to in order to prevent Tarrs, but it's much more practical to keep them with the others. Running the extra mile for the tangle slimes is wasting enough time. If I were to put the boom slimes in a different location as well, between feeding and plort collecting, I would hardly have time left to explore the glass desert some more, take care of the extractors or run errands for Ogden.
Fredrickson
Plort

Postby rabbitslime » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:48 am

In my game, I leave both the tangle and the boom slimes in the same area. The tangles are near the overgrowth, it seems the plorts that the boom throw never reach farther than the house, leaving the tangle slimes out of reach. My tangle slimes are part rad, leaving me with 2 pink largos with one honey and another mosaic; they tend to stare at one another's plorts cause their that close to each other. Overall I only owned 8 distinct slimes, either as largo or pure slimes... I had 15 pure hunters that I feed occasionally for gordo snares.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Return to General Discussion