[Suggestion] The Tarr Pen

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] The Tarr Pen

Postby glinkBobby » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Now I know Tarr on our ranch usually signify the end, but wouldn't it be cool if there was a structure you could unlock that keeps one tarr inside, and extracts its ink, compresses it, and you could sell "Ink Plorts"? Maybe call it a Ink Extractor, and it's a shielded dome with the solar shield effect, you put one Tarr in and it gets held in the middle with metal arms, with pipes leading in and out if it, with a single extractor on the outside giving you a single ink plort every few days. The more ink you extract, the smaller the Tarr gets, and it eventually whittles down into nothing, requiring you to trap a new Tarr.

You could upgrade the Ink Extractor with faster extracting, more efficient extraction, and maybe even multi-tarr extraction.

Having a tarr on your ranch is pretty dangerous, so the ink could make you quite rich. This also couples with the quantity of ink you are capable of making, it being very slow to produce.
SharingFisUcaringC<3KMeow
glinkBobby
Rancher

Re: [Suggestion] The Tarr Pen

Postby Pigcatapult » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:17 pm

Tarrs don't live long enough to make something like this viable. They're very unstable and die after a few minutes.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby AwesomeWon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:34 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:Tarrs don't live long enough to make something like this viable. They're very unstable and die after a few minutes.

The devs could make an upgrade to whatever the tars are contained in so that they either last longer or just don't die.
AwesomeWon
Plort

Postby MLeonhardt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:02 pm

I'd rather we extract the Ink ourselves by hitting them with stuff.
MLeonhardt
Rancher

Postby HowellTheElf » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:45 pm

I agree, hit the things with other things
Come check me out sometime! @ www.twitch.tv/howelltheelf
I'll have my YouTube channel up and running again soon as well.
HowellTheElf
Plort

Postby Kaite20 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:42 am

Cool idea! I was tempted to make an actual Tarr Pen in my games, but the risk they pose right now is a bit too high at the time being. Maybe I'll make it a separate save state?

Anyway, both an ink extractor and hitting the Tarr with stuff to make ink sounds good; maybe you could feed excess slimes and food to them too to produce ink faster. *shrugs*
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby FarmerYuuma » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:48 am

I like the idea of Tarr s being useful, but I think it should be something different, not just the regular collect the poop mechanich.

Tarrs are "mean" and "evil" and live only a few minutes. We should think of a mechanich that uses those. Something like using them to clear a zone infested with hurtful slimes or something and then letting them die so you can finally use the zone or something.
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby glinkBobby » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:44 am

Kaite20 wrote:Anyway, both an ink extractor and hitting the Tarr with stuff to make ink sounds good; maybe you could feed excess slimes and food to them too to produce ink faster. *shrugs*

Yeah that would be cool, once the Tarr gets diminished enough you can feed it slimes and it grows back up.

I was only thinking put one tarr in one container and then keep it running till it dies, but regrowing it would work.
SharingFisUcaringC<3KMeow
glinkBobby
Rancher

Return to General Discussion