Mucus Slime! The Sticky Spitter

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Mucus Slime! The Sticky Spitter

Postby MLeonhardt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:53 am

Slimeology:
Mucus Slimes are so named for their extremely thick and sticky bodies, adhering to almost any surface like glue. Because of this, Mucus Slimes are very slow moving, and can be found stuck to walls, floors, and cave ceilings, but are also incredibly difficult to suck up with the Vacpac.

Mucus Slimes are carnivores, surprisingly, and have adapted an ingenious way of ejecting their sticky body glue to pin down their food from great distances, allowing them to slowly mosey on over and consume their prey at their leisure.

Rancher Risks:
If you can somehow manage to pry one of these sticky fellows from their spot, you'll find that there's not much else to them. Perfectly content to sit completely still until a chicken is thrown at them, Mucus Slimes are about as low maintenance as a slime can get.

Due to their nearly immobile nature and ranged spit attack, they can be employed as turrets, to keep wild slimes, chickens, or even Tarrs out of areas you don't want them in.

Plortonomics:
Mucus Plorts can be used to make some of the best adhesives in the galaxy. Buildings, starships, holophones, all held together with this sticky Slime byproduct.
MLeonhardt
Rancher

Re: Mucus Slime! The Sticky Spitter

Postby Fruit » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:24 am

I love this idea but I feel like I'd end up making the hallways lined with them...
Fruit
Rancher

Postby LunaLove » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:42 am

I think this is very creative and unique! I really like it! BUt how much would their plorts be worth and would you be able to combine them?
LunaLove
Chickadoo

Postby FarmerYuuma » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:16 am

So they would be used as defensive turrets instead of port harvesting?
Would you set them around your gardens for example to prevent slimes eating it? Would the Sticky slime eat the other slimes?

I really like the idea but I don't really see how they would fit in this kind of game, since there s no need for defense.
FarmerYuuma
Rancher

Postby MLeonhardt » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:05 pm

FarmerYuuma wrote:So they would be used as defensive turrets instead of port harvesting?
Would you set them around your gardens for example to prevent slimes eating it? Would the Sticky slime eat the other slimes?

I really like the idea but I don't really see how they would fit in this kind of game, since there s no need for defense.

Their plorts would be worth somewhere between Rock and Boom Plorts.

Sticky Slimes would eat chickens by immobilizing them and slowly moving over there to eat em.

They would shoot sticky at other slimes, Tarrs, and you, but would stop trying to shoot you after you fed them. So they'd be useful in helping to control Tarr outbreaks.

Largo Stickies would remain immobile and look like sticky versions of other slimes.

They'd probably be like purple or like yellowish off white like glue.
MLeonhardt
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Sounds novel! I like it. Maybe not make it white-ish, though...
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Lostsoulogan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:43 pm

Love the idea!
Lostsoulogan
Plort

Postby imaginamagica » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:57 pm

Could be interesting. Maybe their slime could be vac'd up, and/or their plorts could be fired at other entities too.
Just your friendly neighborhood game designer.
imaginamagica
Rancher

Return to General Discussion