[Modding] Has anyone Mod Suggestions?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Modding] Has anyone Mod Suggestions?

Postby SatyPardus » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:11 pm

Hello.

I want to mod the game a bit and search for good modding Ideas.
I am already making a multiplayer mod, but this will take a long time, so between i want to make some simpler things.

What is Possible?

As far as i see, there are a lot of things that are modable, but some things are just to much.
I already tried to increase the slot size from 4 to 8, but sadly the new slots just "disapear" into the back and the items are lost FOREVER (Da da daaa D:)
But give me ideas and i try it.

~Saty
SatyPardus
Rancher

Re: [Modding] Has anyone Mod Suggestions?

Postby Bonsoir » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:44 am

Try to create new entities , new shaders , new items , fov , graphics enhancer , skins , new worlds Etc ..... ;) sry if the english is not good.
Bonsoir
Rancher

Postby SatyPardus » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:19 am

Everything that adds new stuff is nearly impossible^^ I can just change existing stuff. Maybe new entities. Idk^^
SatyPardus
Rancher

Postby zat4 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:27 am

It looks like someone is developing their own mod tool. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=613

This is an important first step to allow us to mod. No Idea if he plans to release it though.
zat4
Chickadoo

Postby pixeledbrain » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:38 am

zat4 wrote:It looks like someone is developing their own mod tool. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=613

This is an important first step to allow us to mod. No Idea if he plans to release it though.

Its the same person m8. xD
Feel free to add me on Steam if you want to discuss something!

I hope you all have a nice day. ~ Pixel
pixeledbrain
Rancher

Postby NekoSlime » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:58 am

When in doubt; swap textures.

Even in the hardest-to-mod games, changing textures around always ends up being the easiest thing to do. But I don't see much reason to do that anyways, since a lot of textures are going to be improved as the game goes on regardless.

I would say you could try new slimes, but that would involve AI coding and graphics design. For something as core as AI coding, you'd probably need the SDK of the game, and for graphics design you'd need a whole nother software. And if it's not the same software that the devs are using, your slime is going to look different than the slimes in-game. Which may, or may not, be a bad thing.
NekoSlime
Rancher

Postby JCSlime » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:06 pm

Multiplayer mod! PLEASE!
JCSlime
Plort

Postby Hypsellis » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:41 am

Why do you not propose your help for the development of the game. You seem to be pretty talented for being able to create a mod loader and a first mod for a game still in beta.
If I remember me good, Slime Rancher is developed only by two persons for the time. It would be surely more interesting for you and them that you 3 work together while each one work independantly. You would be able to create more things easily, ait would enable you to include your creations in the game and not next to it with mods.
Hypsellis
Chickadoo

Postby SatyPardus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:49 am

The problem with that is, that they would need to pay me then. Also i already emailed the developer, and he doesnt seem to be interested in an cooperation.

So i don't think this would work.
SatyPardus
Rancher

Postby Hypsellis » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:02 am

Ah damn this is pretty annoying, but I understand him, he has surely not enough money for paying you.
Hypsellis
Chickadoo

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:32 am

I have updated the official FAQ with information on Monomi Park's stance on modding. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=447&p=4115#p4115

Hope this helps everyone understand where we're coming from with it all.
Nick
Developer

Postby z0mbiesrock » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:38 am

Incoming mod suggestions!!!

There should be a mod that gives players access to the debug commands, or a similar function. It can be used by modmakers to test mods that add new objects.

I also want a mod that allows us to place new farm plots anywhere.

Obviously, there are going to be suggestions for mods containing player-created content, such as new Slimes, Resources, Maps, and more.

What about a mod that adds custom sound effects for individual slime species? Tabby slimes that meow and purr; Rad slimes with a slight auto-tune; Pink slimes speaking words similar to a two-year-old?; Puddle slimes gurgling with happiness!

EDIT: Ninja'd by Nick.

Nick wrote:I have updated the official FAQ with information on Monomi Park's stance on modding. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=447&p=4115#p4115

Hope this helps everyone understand where we're coming from with it all.

Nick wrote:Though we may support modding one day in an official capacity, we are currently focused on delivering the game we've planned for our players. So our stance on modding at Monomi Park is that there is no official means to mod Slime Rancher at this time and we do not officially support it. You are free to do it on your own, but we are under no obligation to support you in doing so or any issues you encounter with your altered game. This bears repeating: by modding your game you are may be forfeiting support from Monomi Park if you experience technical issues.

The reason for this is we have little way of knowing what was done to your game and cannot use development time attempting to solve it. Monomi Park is a small studio and there are no resources available to assist you with a modded game.

Additionally any mods that are used to simply access unreleased content is very much frowned upon. We're working very hard to deliver exciting content updates to our players and distributing mods that allow access to incomplete versions of this content is bad for us and for players waiting patiently for it.

Okay, so we can't mod the game; Especially this early in its development, I think that would be the current conclusion with mod support for now. But hey...

Nick wrote:...though we may support modding one day in an official capacity...

At least you kept the hope of it eventually becoming real alive.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby Orangesator » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:03 pm

I hope you make the "Custom Slime Maker" Mod you said in your video!
Orangesator
Plort

Postby SatyPardus » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:52 am

I'm currently focused on the BetterBuild and the SlimeChat mod^^ But i look if i get to know the slimes better. Maybe there is a easy way :D
SatyPardus
Rancher

Return to General Discussion