PS4? Console capability?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

PS4? Console capability?

Postby jgill46 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:51 pm

Hello,

As I am new to this forum, I would first like to thank Monomi Park for the game Slime Rancher. I cannot wait to play the final version.

My very first question that I have, do you think that you will ever bring Slime Rancher to the PS4 or any other console system?

Thank you,
James
jgill46
Plort

Re: PS4? Console capability?

Postby pixeledbrain » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:50 am

I really hope not, at least not at the moment, the game is in very early development and porting it to console would only slow things down even more, we dont want another DayZ.

Once the game has been released, or is close to release i dont see why not though. Well yeah, i mean porting a game to a console costs a ton of money (royalties and such), and the experience on console is sub-par to a pc, but i guess since the game's target audience is children, it could work out.
Feel free to add me on Steam if you want to discuss something!

I hope you all have a nice day. ~ Pixel
pixeledbrain
Rancher

Postby Heather » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:33 pm

jgill46 wrote:My very first question that I have, do you think that you will ever bring Slime Rancher to the PS4 or any other console system?

Thank you,
James

Welcome to our community James! Image

I think your question is best answered by Nick, one of the game devs in our Slime Rancher FAQ

Nick, Slime Rancher Dev from FAQ wrote:Is Slime Rancher coming to consoles?
We’d love to see Slime Rancher on consoles, though we do not have any plans for a console version at this time.
Heather
Admin

Postby jgill46 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:52 pm

Heather wrote:
jgill46 wrote:My very first question that I have, do you think that you will ever bring Slime Rancher to the PS4 or any other console system?

Thank you,
James

Welcome to our community James! Image

I think your question is best answered by Nick, one of the game devs in our Slime Rancher FAQ

Nick, Slime Rancher Dev from FAQ wrote:Is Slime Rancher coming to consoles?
We’d love to see Slime Rancher on consoles, though we do not have any plans for a console version at this time.

I love that the game is on PC. You are 100% correct pixeledbrain, the game very well may work on a console but only after royalties and such. My wife and I love it, we're in our twenties so it's not completely for children even though you are correct in the sense that it is geared for that age group. We will continue to support the game nonetheless. I hope it does better than expecting, so far I believe it will.

James
jgill46
Plort

Return to General Discussion