>>Slime breeding!<< HYBRIDS (not largos)

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

>>Slime breeding!<< HYBRIDS (not largos)

Postby supermassimo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:59 pm

What if, largos produced, apart from the 2 plorts its made of, a rare mutated plort! for example, rock boom largos, could rarely produce an "obsidian plort" you could use to make new special slimes! And if you feed a boom slime or an rock slime with the obsidian plort it transforms into an obsidian slime!
But these hybrids would be pretty unstable, you could make largos with these, but, only with other hybrids. If you feed a pure slime (Pink, honey, etc) with a hybrid plort that is not made of it, it makes a tarr.

Please tell me what you think and ask me for any extra info you could need! :D
supermassimo
Plort

Re: >>Slime breeding!<< HYBRIDS (not largos)

Postby ImmortalHuntsman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:15 pm

I like this idea!
ImmortalHuntsman
Plort

Postby FatalPhantomAce » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:38 pm

So I would have to feed said Obsidian Plort back to a rock slime to receive an Obsidian Slime correct? And that would be a regular slime that couldn't combine to be a largo or could only becomes a largo with another "Hybrid" slime?
FatalPhantomAce
Plort

Postby supermassimo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Exactly, it can only be largo with other hybrids.
Like, for example, a Fosfor rad largo, could create "láser" plorts, the could be fed back to a Fosfor slime to get a laser slime, Or, fed to an obsidian slime to get an obsidian laser largo
supermassimo
Plort

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:18 pm

interesting concept :P it seems pretty cool.
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby ChosenPredator » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:42 pm

having rare ones would be amazing..imagine being able to trade rare slimes via some sort of slime town to your friend, it'd make ranching/farming slimes so cool..the discovery factor would amplify 100 percent to be the first rancher to discover a hybrid/rare slime on some sort of leaderboard lol
ChosenPredator
Rancher

Postby supermassimo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:14 am

my idea is to have a combination of every slime except pink, because they are pretty basic and theres no sense in making hybrids with them. Maybe a special corral, that lets you experiment with slimes! maybe a "lab" with an upgrade that shoots water when it detects a tarr!
supermassimo
Plort

Postby glinkBobby » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:09 pm

When I first learned about SR, I thought a big part of the game would be breeding slimes and creating new slimes and then learning what they liked and what their favorite things are, rather than the current "Collect 1 slime and know everything about it instantly". I want to have to experiment and learn about a slime before I can farm it like mad. Where the game is now is fine per-se, but it could be a lot more.

Largos are too big, and too unweildly to really be any fun for me. I can't suck them up, and they're everywhere in the wild to the point of annoyance. You can not suck up 5 rock slimes from the wild without at least sucking up one Pink Rock Largo accidentally. The same goes for tabbys. Largos take over their environment and they only clog up gameplay. I'd argue for one slime type per area, maybe two if there is lots of room.
SharingFisUcaringC<3KMeow
glinkBobby
Rancher

Return to General Discussion