Gardens working as intended?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Gardens working as intended?

Postby CorySponseller » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Let me know if this forum is meant solely for feedback, but I'm curious, as the subject says, are Gardens working properly?

I built one and purchased a couple improvements for it—nutritional soil and a sprinkler—but have been unable to figure out how to use it. My instinct was to bring home whatever fruit and vegetables I could find and throw them in there. That's how you grow carrots, right? Put other full-grown carrots in the ground, yeah? But alas, none of them turned into sprouts or anything.
CorySponseller
Plort

Re: Gardens working as intended?

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:40 pm

You're good. The forum is absolutely the place for this stuff.

Gardens are working as intended, though it's not spelled out at the moment. Build one and then interact with the little green console thing with a fruit or veggie in one of your vac slots. You can then plant it and (using advanced produce replicating technology) create either a veggie patch or a fruit tree. These objects will yield only so many harvests before going poof and requiring another fruit or veggie to be planted.

The upgrades are, so far, set it and forget it. Nutrient soil ensures each harvest is always the max yield and the sprinkler causes your harvests to grow to 'pickable' twice as fast.

Some of the slimepedia is filled out with this too. Press F1 and select the various ranch tech.
Nick
Developer

Postby CorySponseller » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:20 pm

Just an FYI in case this isn't supposed to be the case, but the Ranch section of my Slimepedia is empty — or rather, nothing is identified. I had actually tried to consult it during play.
SlimeRancher_Slimepedia.jpg
SlimeRancher_Slimepedia.jpg (156.64 KiB) Viewed 5326 times
CorySponseller
Plort

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:00 am

Oops, those were all supposed to be unlocked for this test. Will have that out in the next build, thanks!
Nick
Developer

Return to General Discussion