\Ranch designs/

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

\Ranch designs/

Postby Braincoke » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:23 am

Hey Ranchers!
With the new Odgen's Wild update (I know I'm late) we got 6 new plots.
What's your favourite ranch design?
-Where do you have which corrals/ gardens/...?
-Where is your teleporter hub (and also where are other important teleporters)?
-What's your main money source? (If you didn't complete Rank 28 7Zee)

Feel free to send pictures or gifs!

I'm excited for your designs!

~Braincoke
Braincoke
Plort

Re: \Ranch designs/

Postby Raxel920 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:34 am

In my main Ranch, I have some Tabby-Hunters and some Phosphor-Quantums, 2 Stony hen coops for my Tabbies, A Heart Beet garden and a Cuberry garden, and 2 empty silos. In my Grotto i have some Rock-Crystals and Rad-Mosaics, and 2 Briar Hen coops. In my Overgrowth I have some Boom-Tangles, Some Honey-Dervishes, a Mint Mango tree and a Oca Oca patch. in my Docks i have my Puddles and Fires, and in my Lab I have some Pinks. Scattered around my Ranch I have Decorations, plus some Hydro Turrets just in case.
Raxel920
Rancher

Postby TheLevens » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:09 pm

Here’s my Ranch. I put ash trays in there because I already have everything I need.

http://xboxdvr.com/albums/3111

My teleporters start at the front gate.
My main money makers is tangled/quantum.
Gardens located at the docks and the cave and two at Ogden’s retreat.
I
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:44 pm

TheLevens wrote:Here’s my Ranch. I put ash trays in there because I already have everything I need.

I

Nice!
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Noggy05 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:58 pm

TheLevens wrote:Here’s my Ranch. I put ash trays in there because I already have everything I need.

I

This is all very organised
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby GravityCat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:25 am

Main Ranch:
Boom Dervishes w/ Prickle Pear Garden, Mosaic Crystals w/ Silver Parsnip Garden. Incinerator with 30+ Fire Slimes and a pogofruit tree. There's also a Silo and a pond.

Grotto:
Entrance area has two Gardens, one with Cuberries and one with Phase Lemons. Back two plots have corrals with Phosphor Hunters and Boom Quantums. Fifth slot is used for a Silo.

Overgrowth:
Two gardens with Mint Mangoes, two corrals with Honey Tangles and Honey Tabbies.

Docks:
All used for Ponds with Puddles.

The Lab:
Pink Rocks and Pink Rads accompanied by Heart Beets and Oca Oca, respectively.
A lot of Gadgets use Pink plorts in abundance, hence why I have two sets of Pink largos.

Ogden's Retreat:
Saber Tabbies and Mosaic Sabers, a Silver Parsnip garden and 3 coops.

With this setup I have access to every plort in the game. There's a lot of walking around so I use teleporters to cut out some walking to expansions, and I use the GD northern warp terminal's 4 pillars for Echo storage and as a hub for non-ranch areas like Indigo Quarry. I also use unlinked Warp Depots for favoured food storage (and Gold one specifically for Gilded Ginger) and Refinery Links and Market Links near corrals cut out journeys entirely.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:45 pm

for me i ranch almost exclusively puddles and tangle largos... my ranch is organized at to make the best use of that with the few plots that cant make use of tangles being covered with either silos or puddles... well they are all silos now as i dont need the puddle plorts anymore...
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby NoticeMeGenki » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:33 pm

smaller.jpg
I tried lol
smaller.jpg (191.14 KiB) Viewed 7151 times

My ranch is divided by category. Fruit farms are on the main ranch, veggie farms are on the overgrowth, and coops are on the docks. Fruit eating slimes are in the grotto, veggie eating slimes are in the lab, and my meat eating pink largos are in Ogden's retreat. The map shows everything pretty well.
Attachments
SlimeRancher-2017-12-20-10-40-53-85.jpg
SlimeRancher-2017-12-20-10-40-53-85.jpg (190.71 KiB) Viewed 7151 times
NoticeMeGenki
Rancher

Postby Fishkeeper » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Main Ranch:
Free-range Dervish slimes, they're cute. They escape off the edge of the cliff behind the house pretty often, so I catch 10-15 new ones every time I go to the Glass Desert- not hard with the oasises all restored. One plot is a Silo, the rest are fully upgraded gardens with Prickle Pears. I can get 100+ Dervish plorts at a time from gathering them off the ground, and have anywhere from 20-40 Dervish slimes.
There's a Refinery Link over by the sell point, and the rest of the Gadget spots are decor.

Grotto:
Free-range Phospohor slimes, not the most profitable but it makes me happy. One corral with two Phosphor Tangles, other 4 plots are gardens with Cuberries. 20+ slimes.
Couple pieces of decor, one Market Link, one Refinery Link that I could probably move, and some crystal decor.

Overgrowth:
Saber Hunters, Saber Tabbies, Honey Tabbies, and Boom Hunters, two of each. Overgrowth is filled with free-range chickens- mostly Stony and Briar hens with a few Painted ones. The Honey Tabbies get the overflow Prickle Pears from next door, the Saber Tabbies get Stony hens, the Boom Hunters get Briar hens, and the Saber Hunters get whatever else is extra. I pick up 100+ Stony and Briar hens each time and about 50 Roosteros, and I put 30 of each hen and about 20 Roosteros back. Keeps all my largos more than fed.
Portal to the Lab, couple water guns just in case, one Market Link, one Refinery Link.

Docks:
One Fire Slime pit, one Coop that's probably overkill at this point with some hens in it, one Odd Onion garden patch, and three pure Crystal Slimes that I'm thinking of mixing with Booms.
Market Link, some sponge-tree decor, and a resource link between there and the Retreat so I can feed extra Retreat garden stuff to the fire slimes if needed.

Lab:
5 Boom Rads, 5 Rock Tangles, 5 Pink Tangles, a garden of Oca Ocas, and a garden of Heart Beets. Pink Tangles get whatever's left over from there or other areas. Boom Rads are off to the side, and the two Tangles are set diagonally from each other with gardens between, they can occasionally reach a garden but not each other.
Market Link, a portal to the Moss Blanket, a portal to the Lab, and a portal to Ogden's Retreat.

Ogden's Retreat:
7 pure Mosaics, 5 Quantum Tabbies, 2 Tangle Booms, 1 pen of mostly Painted hens, one garden of Quantum lemons, one garden of Silver Parsnips.
Market Link, Refinery Link, resource link between there and the Lab to feed extra Parsnips off, resource link to feed Lemons to the Fire Slimes in the docks.

It's not the most efficient, I could make things more profitable if I wanted, but I wanted to have each type of slime represented, and there are some Largos I really like. I get more Newbucks than I know what to do with from just the Dervishes and have 999 of each Plort refined except Pinks (more like 600) and Gold (5). Low numbers of slimes mean I can leave for days without them starving, and I've never had a Tarr outbreak. Only had Tarr pop up twice, and only a couple at a time. Worst I've had is an outbreak of Rock Dervish largos that I had to fling away, and every now and then I get Phosphor Dervishes when a Phosphor floats in.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Return to General Discussion