Plenty of ideas I have had

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Plenty of ideas I have had

Postby Settbro » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:42 pm

I have a lot of ideas for different content in the game. Feel free to use any if they catch your interest!.

Slime types

Metal Slime: Golden Slimes that get hit enough before leaving become Metal slimes. They give out Metal Plorts but only once every few days.

Diet: Fruit
Slimeology: Once every now and then a rare Golden slime will lose all of its luster. The chrome body has been known to scare off predators because of their own reflection. The bounce of the Metal slime is almost like a spring, Though upon landing a loud noise can be heard from its more intense weight.

Risks: Metal Slimes have been known to get hungry pretty fast, sometimes needing to eat multiple times a day but once they output a single plort after a few days it can pay off dramatically. Metal Slimes are also no fan to company, sometimes they will physically attack each other.

Plortonomics: The metal plort is incredibly heavy and has been known to be used to make tools for farming and machinery casing.

Rainbow/Marble Slime: A slime that can only be created by feeding a tar 3 different plorts. It produces a random amount of random plorts.

Diet: Everything

Slimeology: The Marble Slime is a unique sight to behold, It almost looks like a plate of wobbling, multi layered jelly. They are playful but very shy and will usually hide behind things from ranchers.

Risks: A rainbow slime is basically a reformed Tarr. Capturing and caging one for long enough is a hassle on its own but once you do you can effectively use them to farm an extra type of plort.

Plortonomics: While the plorts you can get from a Marble Slime are plentiful, the reward on them has a chance to be lesser than the actual plorts you get from regular slimes.

Chocolate Slime: A slime that is actually mud.

Diet: Mud

Slimeology: An almost unstable slime made from pouring layers of mud. Its affinity for dirt goes beyond a simple attatchment. It requires a substantial amount of it to prevent itself falling apart.

Risks: Chocolate slimes require a mud put to be maintained. They are a lot like Puddle Slimes in which they will die if left out of their habitat

Plortonomics: Chocolate Slimes give out plorts once every other day, they're worth a decent amount but waiting on them can be a long and tedious task. While they're worth a decent amount, the mud put they are created in requires constant refilling so it can be a chore to work with them.

Stardust Slime: A dark blue slime with stars inside, can only be found falling from the sky at night.

Diet: Star Fruits

Slimeology: Some say these Slimes are extraterrestrial beings with a far greater intelligence beyond our own comprehension...or they're simply tiny balls of goo that like to eat a lot.

Risks: Like boom slimes, Stardust slimes are known to explode. Unfortunately due to their structure, when they explode they create tiny black holes that can absorb and teleport the contents of their surroundings far away.

Plortonomics: Stardust Plorts aren't worth a whole lot but they are plentiful in production. You could make a large fortune by making Stardust largos.

Pogofruit slime: A slime that mimics a pogofruit. They live in trees.

Diet: Meat

Slimeology: Pogofruit Slimes are born and will die in trees. They have a hooked head that let them latch onto things and stick there for incredible amounts of time. The only time they will leave their habitat is to grab hold of a nearby Hen Hen.

Risks: Pogofruit slimes inhabit gardens. They must be manually fed and will produce Pogofruit alongside plorts. They can be sneaky and try to get into your coops at times.

Plortonomics: The pogofruit plort is worth about the same as a Pink Plort but the bonus is that each Plort is created next to a free Pogofruit.

Fish Slime: A slime that looks like a goldfish with bug eyes.

Diet: Worms

Slimeology: Fish Slimes (Or is it Fishes) require in new corrals that are filled with water and have a set of stairs leading to the top. They are usually found in rivers and lakes, they are fast and panicky but will come to you if you hold food.

Risks: There are very few risks with Fish Slimes but they do not like to be cramped in a cage.

Plortonomics: Fish Plorts are worth a decent amount and are produced on a regular basis, however they can produce two kinds of Fish plorts. The simple kind is worth almost nothing and is rarer to produce.

Robot Slime: A mechanical slime that has gears on its head.

Diet: Gears

Slimeology: Gear Slimes are aggressive and are a lot more resilient than other slimes. The Tarr is unable to eat them without becoming incredibly ill.

Risks: Because of their resilience and agressive nature you are more likely to get hurt more than reward from owning these slimes.

Plortonomics: Gear Plorts are incredibly important to mechanical structures. They are worth a significant amount but are so difficult to carry that keeping them in your tank can slow you down

Cyclops Slime: It's in the name it has one eye and likes to ram into other slimes.

Flower Slime: Slimes covered in blooming petals and leaves.

Bouncy Slime: A slime that resembles a bouncing ball and can jump much higher than others.

Mole Slime: Slimes that live underground and like to dig.

Monochrome Slime: A black and white slime that can produce black/white plorts. Black are rarer than white and are worth more.

Wood Slime: Slimes that are very still and don't like to be around other slimes much. Can catch fire.

Unicorn Slime: A super rare horned slime that can appear near rainbow slimes outside their cages.

Dinosaur slime: An ancient fossil style slime that produces Oil plorts.

Chameleon slime: A slime that can disguise itself as other slimes.

Bell slime: a slime that makes gong sounds when it bounces around. It's bronze.

Ice Slime: Can freeze the ground in its path

Garbage Slime: A slime that eats rotten fruit and gives off a bad smell.

Ice cream slime: Mixing an Ice and Chocolate slime makes these delicious treat looking slimes.

Anyway I know some of the ideas are weird and different but maybe you'll enjoy reading them if nothing comes of them!.
Last edited by Settbro on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Settbro
Plort

Re: Plenty of ideas I have had

Postby Heather » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:28 pm

Welcome to our community Settbro! Image
You sure have plenty of ideas!
Tell us a little bit more about your favorites?
Try encorporating ideas from this guide Image
Heather
Admin

Postby CrazyScientist89 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:37 pm

Can I borrow your idea for a star slime?
I'll credit your thread.
CrazyScientist89
Plort

Postby Settbro » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:47 am

Of course you may and I'm about to edit them a bit more
Settbro
Plort

Return to General Discussion