Ideas so far

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Ideas so far

Postby eclipsedhusky » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:57 pm

I did a small search, the general idea has already been stated a few times. But, the idea of boss slimes being a thing really stuck with me the other night, so I kind of fleshed out the idea of some fights!

I figured a cool thing about boss slimes would be getting a special slime that is like a Largo, where when you feed them the offer 2 types of plorts, but are still small, and can still be given another species maxing out for 3 plorts per feeding!

Mega Water Slime

Along her adventures around her new ranch, Beatrix stumbles upon a rickety pier, at the end of the pier is a ferry, and small building. Finding the building empty, yet full of advertisements for ferry rides both ways she decides to be courteous, leaving the value the advertisement asks for before she takes the ferry.

Riding the ferry brings Beatrix, to a circle of small islands. Some taller, some short, adventuring around the small islands once the moon rises to its highest the tide rises, and with it a MEGA WATER SLIME!

Due to the massive water slime's size it ends up on the center island, attacking Beatrix in a few different ways.

1. Stomp. Mega Water Slime jumps up slamming down on the island Beatrix is on or moving towards. Shoving the island he landed on downward making it a shorter island.
This attack also leaves smaller puddle slimes that attack!

2. Barrage. Mega Water Slime spews out a bunch of small puddle slimes like bullets at Beatrix, use cover and boxes along the islands to defend yourself!

3. Tidal Wave. Mega Water Slime jumps up and straight down causing the island he is on to shove downward launching a massive wave across all of the islands Beatrix can be on. The shorter islands will have a wave wash over them pushing Beatrix, use the Vac to clear a path so you don't get shoved off to certain doom! Or time a jet pack jump to get over the wave!

Taller islands will be shoved backwards a bit making it so you have to be closer, and lower to get in and attack until the water finally calms down.

Attacking the Mega Water Slime. You can either use Boom Slimes, or the Vac its self to slowly shrink the pesky boss slime down to size allowing you to finally capture it!

---

Super Rad Slime. A slightly larger than average Rad slime, that wears sunglasses, even at night, cause he is just that rad.

1. Shine. Super Rad would be able to blind you with his brightness, attack you normally while you're blinded!

2. Burst. After a small charge up, Super Rad would do a burst of light, if looking at him you would be hurt by the shear brightness!

3. Laser. Using the crystals within the cave you fight Super Rad in, he would concentrate his radiance into a pin point laser that bounces from crystal to crystal.

To attack Super Rad you would have to suck his Sunglasses off, and while embarrassed give him a pulse from your vac!

---

I'll think up more of these later on! Obviously ideas could be added, changed etc! Enjoyed the game so far, but ran out of content. Feel like bosses would be a great thing to add, make some things a bit more dungeon like!

Taming Super Rad would net you a Rad Slime that produces 2 Rad plorts per feeding! And well he would just have fancy sun glasses too!
eclipsedhusky
Plort

Re: Ideas so far

Postby Heather » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:38 pm

Welcome to our community eclipsedhusky!
Having boss slimes such as these would be interesting for sure Image
Heather
Admin

Return to General Discussion