Ryuuken's Feedback

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Ryuuken's Feedback

Postby Ryuuken » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:19 pm

Hello, Ryuuken here. Stumbled across this Pre-Alpha thanks to Etalyx's videos.
Grabbed it last night (had to find out how through reddit, or so) and dumped almost four straight hours into it.

I'm not doing a lot with it. I have 10 pinks, 8 rocks, 4 tabbys and around 2 phosphors. The phosphors keep poofing on me, even though I have them in the first plot to the right of the grotto expansion with the solar dimmer upgrade.
I think I read that's a problematic spot, but it also has another problem associated with it that I'll point out below. Guess for now I should pick another plot?

Positives:
Sizable, open world working with slimes as the subject of the game, which can get very expansive; and maybe a little daunting.
Graphics that fit the subject and the world.
The vacpack is really fun, almost gravity gun levels of fun.
Plot and character upgrades are pretty nice, decent pricing, etc.
As addictive to me as it was when I first played Viva Pinata. A+.

Cons/bugs/intentional/me being a dummy/pre-alpha only:
Gardens: I'm guessing I don't have to replant the crop after a single harvest, which likely lead to me wasting food by trying to shoot more into the bin.
This is likely coming from playing Minecraft a lot, but when something is planted, you can tell it's planted. Unless the extra foliage on the plot meant that there was still a crop to grow.
I was looking for the stems, and would sometimes shoot up to five pieces of the fruit/veggie into the container just to see them pop up.
Which leads to if there is a way you can just make items bounce of the container if it is 'full'?

Corrals:
A) Plort extractor: is it just set to vaccum up at random intervals?
B) Auto feeder: This isn't a problem in my pink pen, but in my rock, tabby and phosphor pens...it litters the ground with the food. And I take it they only eat like... once or twice a day, but I find myself going through the pen and vaccuming up the fruit to redeposit into the container
B.2) In the grotto, the first plot on the right, when you attach the feeder to it, it is directly against the wall of the cave. So to deposit into it, I have to wedge myself on top of it to fire down into the container.
C) High walls: Are tabbies supposed to be able to reach that height? I know the AI stacks them atop of each other to try and get out, but I've seen solo tabbies get up there. I guess that's what the ceiling is for, correct?

Coops:
I think it was mentioned before, but I didn't see an answer. Stony Hens and Roostros don't spawn Stony Chickadoos.
Is there a Stony Roostro I should be looking for?
Right now I'm feeding my Tabbies regular Hens (although I have to go get them from a silo in the Overhang, because of B(above), so I don't have to hear millions of clucks)

Halp
What should I do now? Do I start evolving slimes I have in containment?
I'm guessing I don't have to keep older slimes if I stumble upon ones more profitable, but I have collector problems.
Saw something about three super slimes? I've seen one, guessed I had to feed it, but left it alone when Tarr started to pop up in the area prior.
I've stumbled across a gold slime two or three times, but other slimes got in the way when trying to vac it. I guess they just poof if they hit a wall, huh?
Or can they not be captured?

(sorry if this flipflops between collected and sporadic thought, hopefully those that read it understand it)
Ryuuken
Plort

Re: Ryuuken's Feedback

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Never vac a gold slime - Feed them instead.

If they're vacced, they'll just explode. They can't be captured, but if fed (give them any food at all) they'll drop a really valuable plort.

-----

Yes, there are three "Super" (Gordo) slimes - Feed them what their regular forms eat and eventually they'll explode, dropping a few crates, lots of "regular" forms, and giving something special: Two (pink and phosphur) give slime keys (required to open stone doors) and one (tabby) blocks a teleporter (only to your ranch).
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Return to General Discussion