Congrats on a fantastic game

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Congrats on a fantastic game

Postby Gary1981 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:59 pm

Don't usually do this, but registered, subscribed and joined the forum to let the devs know that they have created something pretty damn awesome !

My 5 year old son absolutely adores this game (and so do I).

Until now my little boys attention span has been pretty short, but this game has gotten him completely hooked, he loves the fact there is always something to do or something to collect and the colours, artwork and gameplay are so simple even he has mastered it.

Just wondering how the development side is looking ?

We've been playing for a few days and have already captured all available slimes and unlocked 3 or 4 areas, we've cross bred slimes to produce double plorts and discovered that cross breeds can eat either of the diets from each of the slimes evolved.

The only problem is we've kind of ran out of stuff to do...

We've got our farms running smoothly, got our corrales all set up, regularly plopping plorts into the ports for dosh but now all we're really doing is collecting money that we cant spend on anything.

We've already unlocked all the areas we can find, (although it says 2 more available, but I wonder if they're even available yet?) found all the slimes apart from green, discovered all the resources, we've upgraded our vac and everything else and now we're kind of stuck.

Can we expect lots more content, area's, slimes and upgrades or is the game coming to full and final release soon ?

Personally I'd be happy to pay for additional packs and content if it's a project you intend on continuing in the future.

We both hope there is a lot to come as we really enjoy playing it together. Either way though it's a fantastic game and one of my favourites from a span of 30 years gaming, so congratulations, I hope it does really well.
Gary1981
Plort

Re: Congrats on a fantastic game

Postby Wonda » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:25 pm

Well the game is still in development, but they do have a roadmap on upcoming features.

Until then. may I suggest doing challenges as a way to increase the difficulty of the game? Things like "No Corral Runs" or "Pink Largos Only."
Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Re: Congrats on a fantastic game

Postby Nick » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:47 pm

Thank you very much! Hearing stuff like this is a huge part of why I make games.
Nick
Developer

Return to General Discussion